Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
It’s that time of year again — flu season. Stay healthy this fall with these three tips:
1. Get Your Flu Shot Flu shots are reformulated every year to match the upcoming season’s strain. Receiving a flu shot annually can protect you from the ever-changing virus. AdventHealth Central Texas’ fall flu clinic is a quick and easy way for nearby residents to stay up to date with their immunizations. “Anyone anywhere can come get their flu shot,” says Delsina West, wellness programs manager at AdventHealth Central Texas. “You can be in and out in just a few minutes.”
2. Cover Your Sneeze and Wash Your Hands When sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a facial tissue or cloth. If those aren’t available, sneeze into the crease of your elbow. The flu virus can travel from hand to hand and surface to surface. Therefore, it’s vital to regularly wash your hands all season long. And don’t forget to remind your kiddos to wash their hands, too!
3. Stay Healthy Maintaining healthy habits can help keep your family safe from the flu. Most importantly, make sure to eat a colorful and clean diet full of fruits and vegetables and get a minimum of eight hours of sleep per night.
Keep yourself and our community safe by getting a flu shot at our Drive-thru clinic.
No appointment is necessary.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 AdventHealth Central Texas | 4 - 7pm 2201 S Clear Creek Rd | Killeen, TX 76549
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023 AdventHealth Rollins Brook | 4 - 6pm 608 N Key Ave | Lampasas, TX 76550
For more information on our October flu clinics, contact Delsina West at delsina.west@ adventhealth.com or Call254-519-8899