Hearts in Motion
When you learn more about your health, you’re learning how to take better care of your body. We’re here to help you take control and feel whole.
Your heart fuels every breath, jump and giggle. And a little movement goes a long way to help you feel whole. We created an interactive experience, powered by the beat of the human heart, to visualize how hard it works for you. We tracked each participant’s heart rate from resting to active, and reflected that increase in real time to create art in motion. When you learn more about your health, you’re learning how to take better care of your body. We’re here to help you take control and feel whole.
For Your Heart Health
- Prevention to Put You In Control
Your heart health is determined by multiple factors. And there are steps you can take now to make sure it stays strong for years to come. Our experts have teamed up with the American Heart Association to help you understand common heart diseases and conditions, what causes them, and how to lower your risk by making lifestyle changes, like eating better, moving more, making time to de-stress, and understanding the link between conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
The following risk assessments will help the cardiologists and other experts at AdventHealth create the best treatment plan for you:
- Advanced Screenings for Rapid Diagnosis
The faster the diagnosis, the quicker the care and healing. As our patient, you'll benefit from rapid diagnostic and testing procedures, including:
- CT Scans
- Nuclear Medicine – This specialized and advanced area of radiology uses very small amounts of radioactive materials, or radiopharmaceuticals, to examine an organ's function and structure. In a heart scan, nuclear medicine is used to identify abnormal blood flow to the heart, determine the extent of damage after a heart attack, and measure heart function.
- Stress Tests – By monitoring your heart rate during a session of increasingly strenuous exercise, our team can better diagnose symptoms, including chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations.
- Accredited, Specialized Cardiovascular Treatments
When it comes to matters of your heart, every second counts. That’s why the experts at AdventHealth are taking steps every single day to give you the best, fastest, and most accurate cardiac treatments, from partnering with first responders at our accredited Chest Pain Centers to building some of the most-advanced and aggressive heart failure, stroke, and vascular-disease programs. Our commitment to your heart health begins before, during, and after any hospital stay. Throughout your course of heart disease treatment, you’ll have access to ongoing heart care programs, including cardiac rehab services, support groups, nutrition and lifestyle counseling, and more.
Our cardiovascular treatments offer some of the best outcomes for the people in our care. Treatments include:
- Ablation – A procedure that can correct heart rhythm problems, also known as arrhythmias, by removing the tissue that's causing the abnormal rhythm.
- Cardioversion – A way to restore the heart's regular rhythm using medicine or electrical therapy.
- Portico Transcatheter Aortic Heart Valve – A valve replacement procedure that reduces the need for a permanent pacemaker and decreases the risk of complications like paravalvular leak.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement – A minimally invasive procedure that repairs the damaged valve without having to remove it. Our network was chosen as one of the first sites to offer the FDA-approved Edwards SAPIEN Aortic Valve Replacement treatment option for patients with high-risk or inoperable, severe, symptomatic aortic valve stenosis.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement – A new way of replacing the mitral valve without the need for open-heart surgery.
When it comes to your heart care, you expect the very best. At AdventHealth, we'll give you nothing less.
- Advanced Research, Life-Saving Heart Care
Imagine a future free of the stress, strains, and pains of heart disease. Our Heart Care experts are working on it. At our advanced Heart Care Institutes, we’re actively developing new ways to diagnose, treat, and heal the most common — and uncommon — heart conditions. Our breakthrough studies and advanced clinical trials are giving way to life-saving new heart disease treatments every day.
Our dedication to your cardiovascular care has been recognized by many leading health organizations. Within our network of care, you'll find many award-winning and nationally recognized facilities, including AdventHealth recognized as the #1 hospital in Florida by U.S. News & World Report. At the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute, we treat more patients with cardiovascular and vascular disease, and more female cardiac patients, than any other hospital in the United States. While our AdventHealth Transplant Institute was the first facility in Central Florida to perform a heart transplant and today remains the only comprehensive center to offer this heart surgery in the area. Patients from around the world come to us for the latest in innovative heart disease treatments and minimally invasive heart surgeries. How can we help you start feeling better and start feeling whole?