AdventHealth video visits was designed to work effectively under different network conditions with lightweight bandwidth requirements. However, poor audio quality (like static or crackle sounds) due to audio interference / background noise can ruin a conversation.
How to Improve Audio Quality
- If you hear an echo, use headphones or earbuds during a call. If you hear an echo it could be due to multiple reasons. Please take a look at the following link to troubleshooting solutions if you are hearing echo: https://www.adventhealth.com/audio-issue-how-can-i-stop-echo
- Move to a quieter environment. This will allow your provider to hear your voice more clearly. Move away from other wireless devices that might cause interference.
- Ensure no other applications on your device are already accessing your microphone. Otherwise, multiple apps trying to access one microphone input will cause interference.
- Before a call starts, consider putting your device in "Do not disturb". In case you receive a phone call, it won't interrupt the video session.
- Stay away from wireless headsets. Wireless headsets typically use Bluetooth which can allow for interference. If you notice your provider, practitioner or staff complain about audio quality, try using a USB or inline mic instead of a headset.
- Try a different microphone. If your microphone is defective it will usually have the same issue on any device you try. If your microphone is embedded into your device (like a laptop or phone), try a different device on the same network to see if quality improves.
- Try a different network. Wifi Extenders and Older Routers might be responsible for data loss that results in poor sound quality.
- Get close to your router. See what happens when you have a call right next to your router.
How to restart the video visit as a patient
Restarting the video visit should help to mitigate most common issues (lip out of sync or choppy audio)
- Open email or text in which the link to the video visit was received
- Click the link again to reinitiate the session
AdventHealth video visit establishes a secure peer to peer connection. Sound issues might stem from device hardware (i.e. computer, microphone, or wifi, router, modem), or from internet connection issues between you and your provider's ISP.