Updated February 16, 2022
Thanks for downloading the AdventHealth mobile application. As a user of this mobile application, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how AdventHealth protects your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us. AdventHealth and our third-party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered through this mobile application.
OUR MOBILE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED TO ADDRESS MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY OR URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEM, GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM OR CALL 911 OR YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER’S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks:
- Read all our policies and the relevant notices of privacy practices so you know how our mobile application works and how you will interact with the mobile application.
- Pay attention to your risks as a user. All mobile application users open themselves up to certain risks, such as further use of data collected and security of data. We ask your consent before we collect your data and no mobile application can guarantee absolute security.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. We offer services and programs that require your consent and collection of data in order to participate.
- With exception of Video Visits and personal health information that you upload to your medical record, please be aware that use of this mobile application, its services, programs, and the health information on it cannot replace nor is it intended to serve as a health care provider-patient relationship. You must always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment for specific health problems.
- Understand that your use of our mobile application provides your consent to access the following options on your device so we can provide the services or communications you request from us through this mobile application:
- Location – so we can find health care providers in your area.
- Camera – so you can share files with your health care team and edit your profile, and to permit participants to see you during your Video Visit.
- Microphone – so we can hear and talk to each other during your Video Visit.
- Files, Images, and External Storage – so you can upload and share files with your health care team and edit your profile.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi – so we can maintain connectivity during your Video Visit.
- Phone – so we can call you if your Video Visit is interrupted unexpectedly.
- International Mobile Equipment Identity – so we can understand the device you are using for compatibility and troubleshooting purposes.
What You Should Expect:
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We will not intentionally use any personal and/or personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this mobile application.
- We will notify you of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this mobile application, as well as any updates or changes.
- It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using this mobile application.
- It is our goal to make you aware when you leave our site for another, either by telling you in writing or by another technical mechanism.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server and has firewalls. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
- No provider-patient relationship is created unless we specifically notify you that one is created.
- We will not accept or show you health information content, sponsored programs, or services that we know to contain false or misleading information or that we know promotes ineffective or dangerous products.
- We want you to understand that we do not collect information from use of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or your microphone on our mobile application. Wi-Fi enhances your technology/network connection with our mobile application for a Video Visit and Bluetooth allows you to use headphones during your Video Visit, but we do not collect your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth device information. Also, use of your microphone with our mobile application will not record any conversations, it only allows you and our health care providers to hear and speak to each other during a Video Visit.
Our Security Measures:
We want your information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information is kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
Information We Collect:
We collect technology generated information automatically or by virtue of our technology structure and settings, and information about you personally when you give it to us. We intend to use the information we collect only for the purposes for which it was provided and will tell you if we use it otherwise.
At different places on our mobile application, you may be asked to volunteer your name, e-mail, date of birth, address, gender, insurance information and telephone number. We refer to this type of information as "personal information" because it can be used to identify or contact you.
Personal Health Information
When personal information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to this information as "personal health information." Personal health information also includes Fitness and Wellness Data and Video Visit Data.
Fitness and Wellness Data refers to information that is related to your lifestyle including but not limited to height, weight, heart rate, blood pressure, sleep data, blood sugar, diet and/or dietary restrictions, and activity. You decide when you want to give us this information when you (1) type it in the mobile application; or (2) connect our mobile application with a third-party mobile application or device that has access to your Fitness and Wellness Data. AdventHealth is not obligated and does not guarantee that AdventHealth will monitor or respond to Fitness and Wellness Data that you voluntarily give us. Fitness and Wellness Data that is used to treat you will also become part of your medical record and subject to the AdventHealth Joint Notice of Privacy Practices.
Video Visit Data includes personal health information and the name, group ID and policy number of your insurance and your credit card information you provide to pay for the online visit. Video Visit Data is also part of your medical record and subject to the AdventHealth Joint Notice of Privacy Practices.
When you give us personal and/or personal health information, some of that information may be in the format of image data from your camera or other sources. For example, we collect and use image data to verify your identity when you register for an account, allow participation in a Video Visit, update your profile picture, or capture your insurance information. The mobile application also collects and uses images when you choose to send images along with a message to your health care provider. However, we do not collect any information about your camera or your use of your camera when you use it to allow viewing for a Video Visit and we will not have access to any pictures taken on your camera unless you share them with us.
Files, Media and External Storage
If you share files and media with us, we may require your permission to access the data from your mobile device’s local data storage, but we will only access the data that is necessary for this mobile application to function. The shared data may be used by your healthcare provider for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment.
We often collect information on our mobile application use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the mobile application. We call this information "aggregate information" and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the mobile application.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use provider and facility look-up services or register for a Video Visit, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use GPS to determine location and provide content based on your geographical location.
Unique Application Numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to AdventHealth when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
Who Collects the Data:
AdventHealth, independently and through third party vendors, collect information in different sections of this mobile application when you give it to us to receive a service or communication from us, or to register you when you arrive for health care services.
Where Is Information Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the mobile application. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the mobile application or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
Registration & For Communication
In order to have access to many of the services and content available on our mobile application, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, date of birth, telephone number, gender, /or e-mail address or the uploading of image data to capture your insurance information or a picture for your account profile. We may offer specialized registration for certain programs, and services that may request some or all of the above information.
In addition, we collect your device information and unique application numbers when you create an account on our mobile application.
We may use your registration information to send you an e-mail confirming your registration with our mobile application, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We will collect any image data, files or media shared within an e-mail that you send to us, along with the specific data from the local data storage on your mobile device that is needed to access this information. We may also, from time to time, send e-mails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send information to you. For example, if you opt in we may send information regarding your specific health condition.
Healthcare Professional Directory
Our health care professional directory may ask you for information on your geographic location or zip code in order to identify listed professionals in your area.
Technology Generated Information
Use of our mobile application creates usage data, including but not limited to usage data that tells us which services are popular or how often our users access the mobile application and for how long.
Third Party Application Connections
When you allow access to Google Fit or Apple Health to our mobile application, we will automatically collect your Fitness and Wellness Data.
Receipt of Services Through our Mobile Application
We may collect personal/personal health information when you receive services, depending on the service. For example, when you share image data, files or media during a Video Visit, we will collect that information along with the specific data from the local data storage on your mobile device that is needed to access this information.
How We Use Your Information:
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. When you use our mobile application, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, mobile application development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the mobile application. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
In addition to using your information for the purpose it was collected as explained above, you should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a third party:
- As stated elsewhere, we may share aggregate information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and mobile application usage with our third party vendors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We use third party vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions and require these third party vendors to keep your information confidential and limit their further use to internal business purposes unless otherwise required by law to disclose.
- We may share registration data with third parties as permitted by law.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information or personal health information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties:
We want you to be informed about the third parties that appear or function as part of this mobile application. We make diligent efforts to ensure that these third parties are aboveboard; however, we are separate organizations and as such we are not privy to the details of their operations and not responsible for their actions. Below we provide you with the names of the third party vendors represented on our mobile application and a brief description of the services they provide to us. We encourage you to read the disclosure statements of any such organization so that you are aware of any differences from their disclosure statements to our own.
Cerner, Athena and Epic
The mobile application serves as an interface for patients to view their own records in these electronic medical record systems, including messages, test results, billing, medications, to-dos, and health summaries. Your medical records are not stored within this mobile application. For more information see https://www.cerner.com, https://www.athena.com, and https://www.epic.com.
Amwell is a virtual care platform. It is used within the mobile application as the Video Visit platform for online health services. Amwell stores your email address, home address, insurance information in image data format or as input into the mobile application, and date of birth to verify your identity and pull up your chart in Cerner, Athena or Epic. For more information see https://www.amwell.com.
Jumio is an application that provides real-time identification verification when you create an online account by comparing your photo with your government issued ID. We then compare the phone number in your medical record with the phone number of the person creating the account as an added layer of security to verify who you are. Jumio stores your user ID and password for the account you create. They do not save copies of your photo or government issued ID. For more information see https://www.jumio.com.
SalesForce is an application that provides online customer service chats and stores online correspondence, which would include any image data, files or media shared within the online correspondence, between you and AdventHealth. For more information see https://www.salesforce.com.
Phreesia is an application pre-registration platform that sends you a link to complete your registration forms and files the completed forms in Cerner or Athena. The completed forms are not stored within the mobile application and are not part of your mobile application personal and/or personal health information. For more information see https://www.phreesia.com.
Formstack is an application that is used to build secure forms for appointment requests. The completed form are not stored within the mobile application and are not accessible by Formstack unless there are unforeseen software support circumstances that would require access to fix the problem. For more information, visit https://www.Formstack.com.
Flywire (formerly known as Simplee) is a software-as-a-service company that provides payment software for the health care industry. This allows you to pay for your Video Visit or to pay bills online. You may opt in to have them save your credit card information for future transactions. For more information visit https://www.flywire.com.
Apple Maps is a mapping service application developed by Apple Inc. for its iOS and OS X operating systems, as well for the Apple Watch. It allows turn-by-turn navigation by car or walking including re- routing, and night mode. For more information see https://www.apple.com/ios/maps.
Google Maps is a mapping service application developed by Google for android operating systems. It offers maps and allows turn-by-turn navigation by car or walking including re-routing, and night mode. It also offers aerial and satellite views of many places and in some cities, offers street views comprising photographs taken from vehicles. For more information see https://www.google.com/maps.
Change/Update Your Information:
You may change or update your personal information and/or personal health information within the mobile application at any time using the following option:
- Go to your profile page and change the information there.
Remove or Delete Your Information:
You may remove previously provided personal and/or personal health information from AdventHealth business records at any time by contacting us in writing using the address below:
900 Hope Way
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
Attn: Data Security
Please understand that we will remove or delete your personal and/or personal health information from our business records to the extent that we are able and as long as it is not otherwise protected by law or being retained for legal purposes. For example, we back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss, and that means a copy of your personal and/or personal health information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be technically difficult or impossible for us to delete, or we may have to keep business records that verify registration for services if there is a pending lawsuit about the services. We will not intentionally disclose any personal and/or personal health information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Retention of Your Information:
We will only retain your personal and/or personal health information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any obligations to you, as required by law, and/or for legitimate business purposes permitted by law. As a matter of practice, we typically retain personal and/or personal health information for a duration which is determined by considering the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal and/or personal health information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, any limitation periods within which claims might be made and retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations. However, any personal health information also stored in your medical record will be retained in your medical record indefinitely.
Our mobile application offers you the ability to opt in to receive push notifications on your phone to inform you about certain events like when a test result becomes available. You do not have to opt in to receive these push notifications to use the mobile application. If you do choose to opt in, push notifications may be visible on your mobile device screen even when the device is locked. It may be possible to prevent this by adjusting your device settings. If you choose to opt in to receive push notifications, you should carefully review your device settings to be sure it will display only what you want it to display. Push notifications are only available for care provided by Centra Care or AdventHealth Medical Group.
Our Children's Policy:
We strive to comply with the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) and are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Although not designed for children, our mobile application may feature information and services of interest to or for children 13 and under. We require parental or legal guardian consent to collect personally identifiable information on any child under the age of 13 in order to be in compliance with COPA and will employ an age identification mechanism to prevent children under the age of 13 from entering personally identifiable information on the mobile application where personal/personal health information is collected. When consent is given and we collect personal/personal health identifiable information on children under 13, we will only disclose personal/personal health information if necessary to provide services offered through this mobile application as requested by a parent or legal guardian and would not further disclose such information unless appropriately authorized. We may, however, use the information to create aggregate data that may be shared with third parties, but there is no way a child can be identified.
To obtain more information on a child's use of this site, parents or legal guardians can contact us in writing or via email using the address: AdventHealth, 900 Hope Way, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
Attn: Data Security