Improving Outlooks and Outcomes
Medical imaging services are a vital element of the diagnosis and treatment process. They allow doctors to get detailed images of the body’s internal structures. The imaging team at AdventHealth Winter Park, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital, offers a complete spectrum of advanced technologies in radiology services.
All of our staff members and radiologists are certified by the American College of Radiology on mammography, CT scans, MRI tests, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound scans, and all of our breast medical imaging centers are part of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. We accept most insurance and provide a self-pay discount, payment plans and our own Breast Cancer Care Fund, which covers diagnostic breast imaging for women in need. In fact, most insurance plans cover preventative screenings with no copay.
You can schedule an appointment online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or over the phone at Call 407-646-7798 between 8 am and 6 pm. We offer evening, lunchtime and weekend appointments.
Better Treatments. Better Results.
- A Wide Range of Services in Our Medical Imaging Suite
Experiencing an injury or health issue can be frightening. At AdventHealth Winter Park, we’re here to ease your concerns and help you heal. In our hospital, you’ll find a team of highly specialized radiologists, physicians, and nurses who are ready to read a test or provide a diagnosis with precision and compassion. From diagnosing the cause of a headache to learning more about a broken bone, we’re here to assist in any and every way we can. Some of our advanced, scientifically proven medical imaging procedures include:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans use advanced X-rays to help us detect issues like osteoporosis and fracture risk.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans obtain digital images of the organs, bones, and brain.
- Fluoroscopy is real-time X-ray movies, showing a continuous, moving image of the inside of your body.
- Interventional radiology (IR) allows us to diagnose blood issues by providing images of the arteries and veins.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) take detailed pictures of your organs, bones, and tissues, and can diagnose things like tumors and internal bleeding.
- Mammograms can help us detect breast cancer early and are often performed as proactive screenings.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to scan for infections in your body, and can help diagnose thyroid issues.
- X-rays give us a detailed look at the inside of your body, and are often used to diagnose injuries such as broken bones.
Offering a number of diagnostics, we’re here to empower you with the knowledge you need to take the next step.
- Helping You Prepare for Your Imaging Procedure
It’s much easier to be calm during a medical imaging procedure when you know what to expect ahead of time. We want you to feel confident and reassured before, during, and after your screening. That’s why, before your test, we’ll discuss your medical history, allergies, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
While each imaging test is different, most last between 30 minutes to an hour. For certain exams, we may ask you to change into scrubs or gowns and remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. Some tests require you to fast for several hours before. For certain exams, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we may inject it intravenously. This helps us get a better look inside your body, but you can rest easy knowing all our tests are either minimally invasive or completely non-invasive. That means you won’t feel any pain, and for most tests you won’t need a recovery period.
Whatever your test, you can depend on our team to guide you through, explaining each step and helping to make you as comfortable as possible. After your exam, we’ll carefully assess each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, talk to your doctor.
- Women's Medical Imaging
Designed for women, by women, we offer women’s outpatient imaging services performed in a warm, comforting and private setting. The experienced team of physicians, technologists and clinical staff at AdventHealth Winter Park, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital, use advanced imaging technologies to produce detailed pictures of your inner health. Superior images combined with our specially trained team allow us to design the best possible course of treatment for you. Services include:
- Digital screening and diagnostic mammography: A screening exam that uses X-rays to locate tumors in the breasts
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA bone density scan): An advanced form of X-ray technology that measures bone loss
- Diagnostic X-ray: Commonly used to produce images of the structures inside the body — particularly bones
- Advanced ultrasound imaging: An imaging test that uses high-frequency sound waves to capture live images of the inside of the body
- Convenient Scheduling Options
- Dedicated on-site scheduling team
- Same-day and evening appointments available
- Screening mammogram appointments coordinated on same day as annual physicals
- Winter Park Difference
- Dedicated breast imaging coordinator available to assist you with all your breast imaging needs and connect you with our physician experts
- On-site, board certified radiologists specially trained in women’s radiology
- The Breast Cancer Care Fund provides screening mammograms to women of our community who need financial support