Visitor Policy Changes
In order to provide a safe, healing environment for patients and team members, AdventHealth Waterman is modifying its visitor policies.
- All patients, visitors, community members, vendors, and contractors will only be able to access the Hospital and Medical Office Building (MOB) through the Atrium, North MOB Entrance, and Emergency Entrance.
- All other exterior doors will be locked and only available to exit our facility.
- In addition, we will be implementing new limited visiting and entrance hours throughout our facility that will be in effect for the foreseeable future.
- The Emergency Entrance will continue 24 hour access.
- The Atrium Entrance hours will be from 5 am to 5 pm, Monday Through Friday.
- On weekends, the Atrium entrance will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The North MOB Entrance will be open 6 am to 5 pm, Monday Through Friday.
- Visitor access will be limited to two visitors per day.
- No children under the age of 12 will be permitted unless they are visiting a single parent who is the patient.
- Everyone visiting AdventHealth facilities, including outside vendors, will be screened each time they enter the facility.
- If any of the screening identifies a symptom of concern or identifies any of the risk factors of COVID-19, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the hospital until testing would confirm they do not have COVID-19.
- Visitors who are sick are asked not to visit patients or enter the facility unless they are seeking personal medical care.
- People who have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 are not allowed to enter the facility as a visitor.
- All visitors must wash their hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before and after leaving patient rooms and the facility.
For specific information on visitation hours, please call AdventHealth Waterman ahead of time at 352-253-3333 as visiting hours may change.
Any Floridian can call AdventHealth’s free Coronavirus Information Line 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, at 877-VIRUSHQ. Nurses are available to answer general medical questions about COVID-19 and refer callers to the appropriate next steps, such as connecting them to AdventHealth Centra Care, AdventHealth eCare, or a healthcare provider.
In addition, AdventHealth has developed www.CoronavirusSignsAndSymptoms.com, complete with videos, blogs and FAQs on the top COVID-19 questions, such as:
- Am I at risk?
- What should I know if I am pregnant?
- How can I protect myself from this and other viruses, like the flu?
Our Visitor Policy may have changed since this blog/article was posted. Please click here for an updated version of our visitor policies.