When you’re preparing for a baby, you want to do everything right. But where do you start? When you choose the Birth Center at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, you choose a partner that will guide you through every stage of childbirth planning.
At 20 weeks, you can pre-register for your delivery and access important information regarding our maternity navigation program and our childbirth, breastfeeding and newborn classes. To get started, fill out the pre-registration form today!
Our maternity care navigation program pairs you with your own personal OB nurse navigator, a registered RN, who will answer your questions, give advice, be your advocate and help you prepare as the time for delivery draws closer.
At 32 weeks into your pregnancy, contact our maternity navigator’s office to schedule a one-hour visit. During the visit, we’ll work with you one-on-one to:
- Complete admission paperwork
- Discuss your birth plan and vision for delivery
- Provide you with our “Birth, Babies and Beyond” childbirth preparation booklet
- Recommend classes and events to help you prepare
- Review your financial responsibility
- Sign consent forms
- Talk about any delivery health risks you may have
- Designate your chosen Newborn Provider
- Tour the AdventHealth Birth Center
After this first visit, you’ll have continued access to your navigator as you prepare to give birth. To schedule your OB nurse navigator visit, call 913-632-4233 or email [email protected].
Motherhood comes with unique joys and challenges that evolve over time. So our support doesn’t end when you meet your beautiful baby. We follow up with you after you leave the hospital to ensure you’re adjusting at home.