Visitor Policy Changes
In order to provide a safe, healing environment for patients and team members, AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach is modifying its visitor policies.
- The ER will remain open 24/7.
- All visitors will need to enter the hospital through the Schildecker Lobby.
- The Oncology/Same Day Surgery and the Tower Lobby entrances will be closed
- Golf carts will be available to transport visitors to the Schildecker entrance.
- Everyone visiting AdventHealth facilities, including outside vendors, will be screened each time they enter the facility.
- If any of the screening identifies a symptom of concern or identifies any of the risk factors of COVID-19, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the hospital until testing would confirm they do not have COVID-19.
- Visitors who are sick are asked not to visit patients or enter the facility unless they are seeking personal medical care.
- Children under the age of 12 are prohibited from visiting a facility unless they are seeking care. We continue to provide pediatric care; this policy applies to visitors only.
- People who have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 are not allowed to enter the facility as a visitor.
- All visitors must wash their hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before and after leaving patient rooms and the facility.
For specific information on visitation hours, please call AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach ahead of time at 386-424-5000. Visiting hours are currently 7am - 7pm.
Any Floridian can call AdventHealth’s free Coronavirus Information Line 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, at 877-VIRUSHQ. Nurses are available to answer general medical questions about COVID-19 and refer callers to the appropriate next steps, such as connecting them to AdventHealth Centra Care, AdventHealth eCare, or a healthcare provider.
In addition, AdventHealth has developed www.CoronavirusSignsAndSymptoms.com, complete with videos, blogs and FAQs on the top COVID-19 questions, such as:
- Am I at risk?
- What should I know if I am pregnant?
- How can I protect myself from this and other viruses, like the flu?
Our Visitor Policy may have changed since this blog/article was posted. Please click here for an updated version of our visitor policies.