For Your Whole Nervous System
Your nervous system is at the core of everything you do, from walking and talking, to feeling the breeze on your face or communicating how you feel. At AdventHealth Heart of Florida, we offer advanced services for your entire nervous system, from your brain to your peripheral nerves, to help you feel and act like you.
Our comprehensive neurological care includes extensive diagnostic capabilities, personalized treatment and supportive rehabilitation and recovery services. You can rely on your neurological care team, including neurologists, speech therapists, physical therapists, and more, to provide whole-person care that not only treats your nervous system condition, but improves your quality of life.
For Peace of Mind
- A More Personalized Diagnosis
AdventHealth Heart of Florida’s board-certified neurologists rely on advanced diagnostic imaging and neuromuscular testing techniques to help them diagnose nervous system conditions. Our sophisticated technology can detect neurological damage at its earliest stages to provide the best opportunity for successful treatment. Our caring teams use many diagnostic imaging and testing techniques, such as:
- Computerized tomography (CT Scan or CAT)
- Electroencephalograms (EEGs) and 24-hour EEGs
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET Scan) and PET/CT
These noninvasive tests allow our physicians to study how your nervous system functions and design a treatment plan specific to your needs.
- Advanced Neurological Treatments
Our neurology care team, including neurologists, neurosurgeons, specialized nurses and other health care professionals, are dedicated to providing innovative treatments to improve your health and your life. Our doctors provide care for a variety of neurological conditions including:
- Alzheimer's disease and dementia care
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic pain and headaches
- Chronic spine conditions
- Head and spine trauma
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS, Huntington's disease and Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure disorders and epilepsy
- Sleep disorders
- Strokes, aneurysms and other vascular conditions
With treatments ranging from minimally invasive spine surgery to the newest medicines, we help you find the treatment that’s right for you. Supportive Rehabilitation and Therapies
- Supportive Rehabilitation and Therapies
Recovering from brain injury, brain or spine surgery, or a neurological condition is often complex and extensive. We provide supportive services to help address the unique challenges of neurological damage, whether it's helping you return to regular activities after an injury or providing strategies to manage a degenerative disease.
Our rehabilitation professionals are focused on helping you meet your functional goals with a full range of rehabilitation and recovery services. Our occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech therapists treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Closed head injuries
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nerve injuries and conditions, including neuropathy and myopathy
- Parkinson's disease
- Spinal cord injuries
By working with therapy and rehabilitation services, you can regain function and improve your quality of life.
Chronic headaches can disrupt every aspect of daily living. At AdventHealth Heart of Florida, we focus on finding the source of headache pain and developing a long-term solution to relieve it. Our whole-person care approach addresses the physical, emotional and environmental factors that cause headaches and migraines. Your treatment may include:
- Lifestyle modifications, such as diet, exercise and stress management
- Pain management therapies
- Preventive or pain management medications
- Treatment of other conditions that contribute to headaches, such as sleep disorders or side effects of other treatments
Our neurologists will work closely with you to determine what headache and migraine treatments are right for you.
Strokes are a leading cause of disability. At AdventHealth Heart of Florida, we provide expert and compassionate care for strokes, helping you regain function and improve your quality of life. Your stroke treatment may include:
- Fast emergency care to restore blood flow to the brain
- Medicines to help reduce your risk for future strokes
- Occupational therapy to assist with activities of daily living
- Physical therapy to restore walking and other large physical movements
- Speech therapy to improve your ability to speak and swallow
Our supportive team is dedicated to helping you achieve your functional goals as you heal.
Our expert neurologists use advanced and clinically proven methods to relieve debilitating symptoms of movement disorders, including:
- Essential tremor
- Huntington's disease
- Involuntary movement disorders such as ataxia, chorea, dystonia, myoclonus and Tourette syndrome
- Medication-induced movement disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS) and other sleep-related movement disorders
Our caring specialists develop a personalized treatment plan that offers long-term management of your condition. Your treatment may include:
- Care and support for non-motor-related symptoms such as anxiety, depression and psychosocial issues
- Rehabilitative care, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
Your care will focus on relieving your symptoms while improving your quality of life.
Our team of supportive experts works with you to develop a personalized plan to manage symptoms and improve your daily life with multiple sclerosis. Although there’s no cure for multiple sclerosis, treatment strategies can change the course of the disease, treat flare-ups, manage symptoms and improve mobility. Your treatment may include:
- Assistive devices to make everyday activities easier, such as canes and walkers to improve mobility or automotive devices for driving
- Medicines to manage symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, pain, bladder dysfunctions and muscle spasms
- Rehabilitation therapies, including physical, occupational, cognitive, and speech and language therapies, to improve function and manage your symptoms
Your care team will help you find an effective combination of therapies.
Our neurological experts diagnose and treat a wide range of nerve conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
Our care teams provide comprehensive, whole-person care using a variety of treatments. Your treatment may include:
- Electrical nerve-stimulation techniques
- Lifestyle changes such as diet changes, stress management or activity changes
- Management of underlying conditions that cause the nerve condition such as diabetes, vitamin deficiencies or autoimmune disorders
- Medicines to relieve pain and other symptoms
- Physical aids such as chairs, keyboards and other equipment to reduce nerve pressure
With the right combination of treatments, there is relief from nerve disorders and their painful or limiting symptoms.