To Heal Every Part of You
Find hope. Find healing. Our AdventHealth Fish Memorial Cancer Institute in Orange City is home to a team of compassionate oncologists and other experts ready to care for you with innovation and a whole-person approach. From treatments for skin and colon cancers to breast and prostate cancers, we have some of the best, most targeted care options in our community. Even beyond current treatments, AdventHealth opens the door for you to more national clinical trials than at any oncology group in Florida. For nationally recognized Cancer Care in Volusia County, trust AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial.
It's Time to Feel Whole Again
- Care Navigators to Guide You Along the Way
After a cancer diagnosis, you want your path to healing to be smooth, not full of obstacles. Our staff at AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, is here to clear the way and help you with the logistics of your cancer treatments and anything else you need. You’ll be connected with a personal Care Navigator to help you schedule appointments, stay clear on your options, and coordinate with your medical team. And they do it all with empathy and compassion, ready to answer any questions and cater to any concerns. These valuable team members can also direct you to social workers, support groups, clinical trials, and dietitians to make sure you’re never alone on this journey to wellness.
- Comprehensive Cancer Treatments
We know proactive care is the first step to living a cancer-free life. That’s why we invest resources and time in optimizing our screening technology. We’ve been awarded for our advanced Lung Cancer Screening Program, which uses low-dose CTs. We also won a grant to enhance our Colon Cancer Screening Program by the American Cancer Society, meaning you can benefit from earlier, more proactive cancer screenings.
Beyond our comprehensive diagnostic tools, we’ll care for you with advanced, targeted cancer treatment options and safer procedures within our world-class radiation oncology department. These include:
- Aria Record and Verify — An advanced software system that allows complete integration of the patient's clinical history, nursing assessments, labs, imaging reports, prescription history and treatment history.
- Brachytherapy — A treatment that delivers precise, high-dose radiation with different types available depending on your needs.
- Cone Beam CT and kV Imaging — Technology that combines a 3D picture of the target area immediately before treatment delivery to make sure alignment is precise.
- CT Simulation — Uses a CT scanner to produce a 3D view of internal organs with the patient in the treatment position.
- Eclipse Treatment Planning System — An advanced software that traces and targets a tumor in 3D.
- Image Fusion — Allows our team to utilize other imaging modalities such as PET scans and MRI scans that may provide additional information that will be useful for targeting the patient's tumor.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) — The most advanced form of radiation available, which allows for the most precise tumor visualization possible.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) — A treatment that delivers high doses of targeted radiation to help keep non-cancerous tissue healthy.
- Radioactive Iodine Treatment — Done in a single session. Treatment is given as a pill that is swallowed.
- Stereotactic Radiation — A highly focused radiation. Because of the small, focused radiation fields, the potential side effects of treatment are less than standard radiation.
- Varian Trilogy Linear Accelerator — It generates high energy X-rays for treatment of deep tumors and high energy electrons for superficial cancers such as skin cancers.
- Xofigo (Radium-223) for Prostate Cancer — A treatment, given over 6 injections, that is used to treat prostate cancer that has traveled to the bone causing pain.
- Treating a Range of Cancers
Your body is made up of a lot of different organs. The experts of our oncology department want to care for every part. We have oncologists who care for a range of cancers, including:
- Brain and Spine Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers, Including Liver, Stomach, Colorectal, and Pancreatic
- Genitourinary Cancers, Including Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, and Testicular
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Lung and Esophageal Cancers
- Skin Cancer
- Proactive Screenings for Early Detection of Lung Cancer
Part of living a life of whole wellness means being proactive about your care. We want to lend a hand and make this easier. Lung cancer is important to catch early for better treatment options, and studies have shown that screenings are the best way to help people who are at a high risk. That’s why we provide life-saving low-dose CT (LDCT) lung screenings for people who have a high risk of lung cancer, based on the following criteria:
- Age 55 to 77
- Current Smoker or Smoker Who Quit in the Past 15 Years
- Heavy Smoker (Smoking History of 30 Years of at Least 1 Pack Per Day)
It is recommended that all high-risk individuals get a low dose CT scan of the lungs. Once we deem that you are eligible for this screening, we’ll set you up with an appointment at one of our four locations and walk you through each step. If we suspect lung cancer, we’ll make sure to find the right treatment option for you and start you on your journey as soon as possible to give you the best chance at recovery.
- Wellness in Body, Mind, and Spirit
Discover a Florida hospital that cares for every part of you. Your team in West Volusia takes a whole-person approach to your care. That means you’ll have access to a Wig Boutique for free hair accessories to help you feel as beautiful as you are. To ease your mind, you’ll find a library of cancer resources, thanks to our partnership with the American Cancer Society. And we can connect you with uplifting counselors, support groups, dietitians, and wellness guides to help you channel your physical, mental, and spiritual strength.
- Nationally Recognized Expertise
You want the best cancer treatments. We work hard to provide that, striving to give you every bit of care you deserve. Our efforts have been nationally recognized by a number of organizations. We’ve been accredited by the Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons, as well as the The Joint Commission. We’ve also been named a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance. It’s all part of our commitment to the excellence and care that’s focused completely on you.
Public Reporting of Outcomes
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.