Nurses Are the Backbone of Your Care Team
At AdventHealth for Children, our award-winning nurses go beyond their call of duty. We know that nurses are the backbone of the care team and can leave a lasting impact on the experience of a child and their family.
Through our Magnet Recognition®, professional development, and other programs, our nurses are inquisitive and empowered to ensure they provide the highest quality of health care. Fueled by AdventHealth’s mission, our nurses are committed to providing compassionate care to our patients and striving to be leaders in nursing excellence.
Growing Through Professional Development
- ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation Program® (PTAP)
- Professional Excellence Program (PEP)
Our Professional Practice Model
The Professional Practice Model represents all the components that interact to guide and support the delivery of care at AdventHealth for Children. It aligns interprofessionals at the organization with our mission, vision, values and service standards. Our Professional Practice Model depicts how interprofessionals practice, collaborate, communicate, and develop professionally to provide the highest quality care for those served by the organization.
Empowering Nurses Through Shared Leadership
Our Shared Leadership Council structure empowers the interprofessional staff to define, implement and maintain current practice standards and to implement the vision and campus priorities for patient care. This program includes nursing staff from every single unit who assist in making decisions to:
- Ensure patient safety and promote quality service
- Drive accountability to the level of frontline staff
- Engage staff in innovation and collaborative problem-solving and strategy development
- Encourage discussion and resolution of clinical or professional operational issues