Making a Difference in Your Health Care Experience
If you're facing a serious illness, inpatient palliative care can accompany your curative treatment to help ease your symptoms and improve your quality of life — no matter your age or stage of illness.
Taking a team-based, care-planning approach, we’ll help you and your family establish goals of care in a hospital setting. Our palliative care team of specialists will work to ensure that you receive:
- Treatment to relieve symptoms of your condition
- Assistance in coordinating your care among your health care providers
- Support for goals-of-care discussions for patients and family
- Emotional, practical and spiritual support for you and your family
At every step of your care, we’ll be with you and your family, easing your mind and lifting your spirit.
About Palliative Care
- When is the right time for palliative care?
- How is palliative care different from hospice care?
- How can palliative care help?
- Who will be on my palliative care team?
A Fellowship for Physicians Seeking Specialized Training
As a leader in health care, AdventHealth is committed to sharing our high level of expertise with future palliative care providers. The AdventHealth Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship offers you the opportunity to collaborate with health care leaders to care for patients of all ages and disease stages, meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
During this year-long fellowship, you’ll work with physicians who are respected leaders in advanced illness management, which includes:
- Advanced heart failure transplant and LVAD
- Organ transplant
- Coordinated care for kids
- Critical care medicine and neurocritical care
The AdventHealth Orlando family — which includes the large AdventHealth Orlando Hospital campus and AdventHealth Hospice — serves a socially and culturally diverse population.
Introducing Our 2023 APP Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program
In addition to the AdventHealth Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, we are pleased to announce a new fellowship program at AdventHealth Orlando designed specifically for nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Launching in January 2023, this 12-month fellowship will be an interprofessional postgraduate program where advanced practice providers can gain a deeper understanding of how palliative medicine can help ease serious illnesses and meet each patient’s unique needs.
With rotations at different AdventHealth campuses and a focus on hospice, oncology and end-stage conditions, this program will give fellows hands-on training in symptom management and whole-person care in body, mind and spirit.