Extra Safety Measures for Your Protection
We’re employing the following safety measures and protocols to ensure you and your loved ones feel confident, protected and safe in our facilities.
Universal Mask Use
Even in a pandemic, you can feel safe. We’re stocked with safety supplies, and have the personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks for all patients, visitors and team members at our facilities.
Have peace of mind that everyone you come into contact with has their temperature checked upon arrival. Every facility. Every time.
Feel confident you’re doing the right thing to keep yourself and others safe. With limited visitation, new waiting room protocols and more, you can safely practice social distancing.
Take comfort knowing your safety is our priority. COVID-19-positive and symptomatic patients are carefully quarantined away from patients and visitors.
Enhanced Sanitation Measures
If you’ve visited our facilities in the past, you know that cleanliness has always been one of our top priorities. But now we’re taking extraordinary new steps to ensure thorough, frequent and ongoing sanitation measures are happening around the clock.
Services We Provide
AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens provides a wide range of health care services and treats patients ages 18 months and older. In the event that you need additional, ongoing or specialized care, we have a network of AdventHealth providers, clinics and hospitals to help you feel better, faster.
Ages for specific services may vary.
- Chickenpox series (Varicella) ages 7+
- Flu (Influenza)1 ages 3+
- Hepatitis A series ages 7+
- Hepatitis B series ages 7+
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) ages 7+
- Meningitis (Meningococcal) ages 11-55
- Pneumonia (Pneumococcal) ages 65+
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis/Whooping Cough (Tdap) ages 10+
- Tetanus and Diphtheria (Td) ages 7+
- Travel Immunizations Available2 (Call for Details) ages 18+
- Physicals and Wellness Visits
- Sports, school and camp physicals3
- Administrative physicals
- Quit smoking consultation4
- Illness, Aches and Pains
- Sore throat and strep throat
- Headaches and migraines
- Allergies (seasonal)
- Sinus infections
- Ear ache and ear infections (ear wax removal in conjunction with exam)
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Joint pain
- Minor back pain
- Mononucleosis (Mono)
- Pink eye and styes
- Swimmer's ear
- Upper respiratory infections
- Female urinary tract and yeast infections
- Male UTI evaluation and treatment is available service to Males ages 18+
- Bladder and urinary tract infections females ages 2+
- STI evaluation and treatment is available service to Males and Females ages 18+
- Suture and staple removal
- Minor Injuries
- Burns (minor)
- Corneal (eye) abrasions
- Minor sprains and strains
- Splinter removal
- Skin Conditions
- Head lice
- Mouth and cold sores
- Poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac
- Skin infections and irritations
- Tick/insect bites and stings
- Ongoing Health Issues
- Acid reflux and acid indigestion
- Chronic bronchitis
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Minor depression
- Thyroid disorders (AdventHealth Express care provides treatment and management of hypothyroidism)
*Selective chronic treatment is available for patients ages 18 years and older.
*AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens does not prescribe scheduled drugs or antipsychotic medication.
- COVID-19 Rapid Testing
How is the test administered?
- The test is administered via nasal swab.
When will I receive my results?
- You will receive your test results within minutes in-person or via phone call depending on the provider’s availability.
How accurate are these rapid tests?
- The rapid testing system utilized at AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens is a quick and reliable test that can detect a positive result with 98% accuracy.
Do I need to have symptoms to get tested?
- Patients who have symptoms or suspected exposure to COVID-19 may get tested.
Are these PCR tests?
- Our rapid COVID-19 antigen test is not a PCR test. Our rapid test looks for a protein specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is not as sensitive as the PCR test, but it is faster.
How much are the tests?
- The cost of your COVID-19 Rapid test is determined by your specific insurance coverage, the cost of your primary care copay, and your deductible with your insurance plan. Out of pocket, the tests are $46 in addition to the cost of the visit.
- Medications and Treatments*
- Breathing treatments with nebulizer
- Contraception care (oral and injectable)
- Eye lash lengthening consultation
- Medication renewal
- Motion sickness prevention
- Travel medications
*Ordered as part of a patient exam only and provided based on clinical evaluation. Cannot be purchased separately.
1 The flu (Influenza) vaccines are seasonally available. Please call Call1-844-397-0018 to check vaccine availability at a location near you.
2Travel Immunizations are not typically covered by insurance.
3 Physicals are not covered by insurance. Certain exceptions, including age restrictions, may apply.
4 Quit Smoking Consultations are not typically covered by insurance.
If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens is operated by AdventHealth. The health care providers at AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens are employees of AdventHealth Medical Group. The health care providers are not employees or agents of Walgreen Co. or any Walgreens subsidiary or affiliated company.