ORLANDO, Fla., — AdventHealth will shift public vaccination efforts in Central Florida to select AdventHealth Centra Care locations to provide additional access points to COVID-19 vaccines.
The doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be available to anyone eligible who is 12 and older, initially at seven AdventHealth Centra Care locations beginning June 7.
AdventHealth has delivered more than 150,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses in Central Florida to date.
“Now is the time to bring vaccines further into our communities to make sure we make it as convenient as possible for everyone to receive a vaccine,” said Dr. Scott Brady, CEO of AdventHealth Centra Care. “Our large vaccination events were hugely successful in getting tens of thousands of shots in arms as quickly as possible and we’re looking to build on that success as we continue this life saving work.”
Appointments are available at CentraCare.orgfor seven AdventHealth Centra Care locations:
- Colonial Town at 630 N. Bumby Ave. in Orlando
- Lake Nona at 9637 Lake Nona Village Place in Orlando
- Lakeland at 3637 U.S. Highway 98 North
- Orange Lake at 8201 W. Irlo Bronson Highway in Kissimmee
- Sanford at 4451 West First St.
- Winter Park at 3099 Aloma Ave.
- Winter Garden at 3005 Daniels Road
Other important items to note:
- There is no out-of-pocket cost.
- Proof of eligibility is required upon registration.
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine requires two doses, and those who receive their first vaccine will be asked schedule their second vaccine while on-site.
- As part of the vaccine process, those receiving the vaccine will be required to stay on-site for at least 15 minutes to ensure there are no adverse reactions. Most reported side effects are mild and include arm soreness, fatigue and headache.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]