Central Florida Division
- AdventHealth Central Florida Division
- AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute
AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute
601 East Rollins Street
Orlando, FL 32803
One of the leading centers of excellence in the nation when it comes to cardiac and cardiovascular health issues, the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is one of the busiest cardiovascular centers in the United States. The 15-story Ginsburg Tower at the AdventHealth Orlando campus is dedicated to cardiovascular health. It is designed to create a total healing atmosphere that reduces stress, replenishes the spirit, and is visually appealing.
AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is the busiest Cardiovascular Center in the nation providing cardiac care to Medicare patients, making us:
- #1 in Cardiology Volume
- #1 in Vascular Surgery Volume
- #4 in Open Heart Surgery Volume
- #2 in Thoracic Surgery Volume
Cardiovascular Surgery Program
- At AdventHealth, our Cardiothoracic surgery program is one of the largest in the country.
- Since 1969, our cardiovascular surgery program has grown to be the largest in Florida and fourth in the nation.
- Since our official registry began in 1981, our surgeons have performed over 82,000 open heart surgeries.
- On average we perform over 1600 adult cardiac surgeries annually.
AdventHealth has vast experience in the repair and replacement of heart valves. Between 2004 and 2006, we repaired and replaced over 1,500 valves. AdventHealth has been a training facility for surgeons all over the world.
- AdventHealth sees over 34,800 patients with chest pain across seven AdventHealth campuses each year.
- AdventHealth's cardiac catheterization lab is open 24/7 along with 24-hour cardiac surgical back up.
National guidelines published by the American Heart Association recommend that patients having a heart attack receive treatment within 90 minutes. AdventHealth helicopters, along with local EMS agencies help to transport patients from any of our campuses to AdventHealth Orlando where catheterization labs and cardiologist are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Heart Failure Clinic
- The Heart Failure Clinic is an outpatient clinic that serves patients who are unable to afford follow-up cardiac care. The clinic is designed to provide patients with the tools to manage their disease and keep them out of the hospital.
- The Heart Failure clinic is staffed by a cardiology nurse practitioner who assists in providing medication, on-going education and consistent medical care.
- AdventHealth Diabetes Institute
AdventHealth Diabetes Institute
2520 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804
Directed and staffed by nationally recognized specialists and equipped with the most advanced medical technology and facilities, the new AdventHealth Diabetes Institute is designed to provide an unsurpassed continuum of care for patients with diabetes and to seek a cure for this debilitating disease through ongoing research.
- One of the largest and most comprehensive Diabetes and Endocrine Institutes in the country with a multidisciplinary approach that includes education, clinical care, research, and fitness.
- Consistently recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting national standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.
- Consistently ranked in the top 50 programs in the country for diabetes and endocrinology care by U.S.News & World Report with over 39,000 patient visits per year.
Patient - We offer interactive comprehensive education programs centered around healthy lifestyle and behavior change. Our classes are offered at all seven Central Florida campuses. For more information about our education services, call Call407-303-2822.
- Group diabetes classes
- Individual counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Gestational diabetes classes
- Insulin pump training
- Weight management
- Diabetes support groups
Professional - We offer several health care professional education opportunities with CEU and CME credit available for most classes. For more information, call our education team at Call407-303-2822.
Our physicians are board-certified endocrinologists that provide outpatient medical evaluation and treatment of diabetes, metabolism and other endocrine disorders through care that addresses a wide range of individual needs and complications. For more information on our endocrinology practice, call Call407-303-2801.
Our team conducts research to help trial new diabetes medicines and therapies. The Research Team also facilitates studies for new diabetes related devices and support products. The vision of the Research Team is to help establish better treatments, develop preventions and discover a cure for diabetes. To find out about research opportunities, please contact the Research Center by calling Call407-303-2471.
We provide a fitness center designed specifically to help people with diabetes develop an individualized fitness plan. Benefits include:
- Initial evaluation and customized exercise plan based on need and ability
- Certified exercise specialist
- Blood glucose, blood pressure and heart rate monitoring during exercise
For more information about our fitness center, call Call407-303-2552.
- AdventHealth Cancer Institute
AdventHealth Cancer Institute
2501 North Orange Avenue, Suite 289
Orlando, FL 32804
AdventHealth Cancer Institute provides a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from disease prediction and prevention to state-of-the-art detection, treatment and research - encompassed by educational, psychological and spiritual support. The AdventHealth Cancer Institute team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, and other specialists provide all cancer patients a multidisciplinary approach to cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- The AdventHealth Cancer Institute treats more newly diagnosed cancer patients than any other health care system in the state
- One of the largest clinical trials programs in Central Florida
- Research affiliations with the National Cancer Institute (CALGB, GOG, COG, CTSU), Duke Oncology Network, the UCLA/TORI Network, the Sarah Cannon Oncology Research Consortium and various pharmaceutical companies
- Accredited as a Community Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology as one of 12 community oncology programs in the country committed to the improvement of cancer care through increased participation in clinical trials
Cancer Care Coordination
- Oncology certified nurses dedicated to rapid diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Care Coordination services are available for the following cancer programs:
- Head and Neck
Radiation Oncology Center
- One of the most experienced radiotherapy programs in Central Florida, treating more than 2,500 patients annually (treating both adults and children)
- The most technologically advanced treatment options currently available such as Image Guided Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
Clinical Research Center
- One of 12 cancer centers in the U.S. to receive the American Society of Clinical Oncology's Clinical Trials Participation Award
- One of the most active clinical trial sites in the state
- Affiliations with the National Cancer Institute (CALGB, GOG, COG, CTSU), Duke Oncology Network, the UCLA/TORI Network, the Sarah Cannon Oncology Research Consortium and various pharmaceutical companies
Florida Center for Cellular Therapy
- The first and only combined adult and pediatric bone marrow transplant program in Orlando
- Over 70 transplants preformed annually
- FACT accredited
- Inpatient and outpatient facilities as well as a stem cell processing lab
Gamma Knife Center
- Non-invasive surgery to treat lesions of the brain - including malignant tumors, benign lesions, vascular malformations and functional disorders - without making an incision
- More than 1,500 patients treated
- The most technologically advanced, non-invasive brain surgery equipment today
Gynecologic Oncology Center
- Among the top five in the nation for robotic GYN oncology surgeries
- Active in national clinical trials through the Gynecologic Oncology Group
- Fellowship Training Program
- Translational Research Program
- Recipient of Bankhead- Coley Grant
Children's Center for Cancer and Blood Disease
- Advanced technology and expertise for diagnosing and treating childhood cancers, blood disorders, and all inherited and acquired bleeding disorders
- Clinical trials through the Children's Oncology Group
Brain and Spine Tumor Program
- One of the few programs in the U.S. that provides state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for primary brain tumors, metastatic tumors and other neurological complications of cancer
- Neuro-Oncology expertise
Thoracic Oncology Program
- Offers clinical trials which and new methods to treat lung cancer, esophageal cancer, mesothelioma, and other less common thoracic cancers
- First in Central Florida to use Alpha 1 Processor for endoscopic ultrasound procedures
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgical expertise- including minimally invasive Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
Urological Cancer Program
- World leader in robotic prostatectomy
- The most advanced surgical tools including Central Florida's first da Vinci® Surgical System
Colorectal Cancer Program
- First to perform minimally invasive colon surgery in Central Florida using rare one-incision method
Breast Cancer Program
- Multi-disciplinary clinics offered at three locations allowing patients to see specialists (medical oncologist, surgical oncologist, and radiation oncologist) for same day diagnosis and treatment planning
Surgical Oncology Program
- Over 8,000 cancer surgeries performed annually by an expert team
- Specialized training such as sentinel lymph node biopsy and minimally invasive surgical techniques
- One of the first facilities in the state to perform radioactive-seed localization
Head and Neck Program
- Includes Central Florida's largest group of otolaryngologists (ear, nose, and throat surgeons), as well as radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and other specialists
- Transoral laser microsurgery and endoscopic, anterior skull base surgeries performed
- Dedicated Inpatient Unit
- Dental Oncology Expertise
Eden: The Spa for Image Recovery
- The products and services at Eden provide individuals an opportunity to manage the physical effects of their treatment in a peaceful, soothing environment
- Rejuvenating spa treatments, like massage, nails, and hair care, are offered in a tranquil setting
- AdventHealth Orthopedic Institute
AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
200 North Lakemont Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32792
At AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute, you'll find a fine tuned team that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Community orthopedic physicians unite with our team of dedicated specialists to provide the highest quality care for patients of all ages. This support team includes orthopedic nurses, specialty orthopedic surgical teams, radiologists and therapists.
- The AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute has performed more orthopedic surgeries than any other hospital in the state of Florida
- Ranked among the top 10 hospitals for knees and hips by AARP Modern Maturity
- Over the past several years, ranked as one of the top orthopaedic programs by U.S. News and World Report and Orthopaedic Network News
- The number two Medicare hospital in the United States for hips, knees and shoulders
Orthopaedic Specialty Programs
- Reconstruction and General Orthopaedics
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Spine Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joint Pain
- Fracture Care
Orthopaedic Specialty Programs
- Imaging Services Including MRI and CT Scan
- Nuclear Medicine
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Orthopaedic Tech Services
- Pre-Admission Testing
- Telemetry Acute Care Beds
- Other Services Such as: Dialysis, Lab, Pathology, Pharmacology and Anesthesiology
- Orlando Magic
- UCF Athletics
- RDV Sportsplex
- Capital One Bowl
- Champs Sports Bowl