ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 12, 2021 — Calling it a “monumental” day for Central Florida, AdventHealth today opened its first COVID-19 vaccination site. Since administering its first doses last month, the organization is on track to deliver more than 37,000 vaccines to local seniors and health care workers across Central Florida by week’s end.
The first phase of the community vaccine program kicked off successfully at a site adjacent to Orlando International Airport, where AdventHealth expects to be able to vaccinate 8,000 people through Friday.
“Getting as many people vaccinated as we can is the way out of the pandemic. This is a monumental opportunity,” said Dr. Scott Brady, CEO of AdventHealth Centra Care, which is operating the vaccination site. “We’re hopeful that more supply will become available and we’ll be able to continue to operate this site. We know the community is eager to be vaccinated, and we ask for their continued patience as we launch this program and provide vaccinations as supplies are available.”
Because of limited supply, all of the appointments for the site are already booked, and walk-ups are not available.
Those who wish to be notified when they might be eligible to receive the vaccine, and when more vaccines will be available, can register for alerts at www.CoronavirusVaccineAlerts.com .
Other important items to note:
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for receiving the vaccine.
- The COVID vaccine requires two doses, and those who receive their first vaccine at the airport site will be asked to schedule their second vaccine appointment.
- Proof of health care employment or age (for those 65 or older) is required upon registration.
- As part of the vaccine process, those receiving the vaccine will be required to stay on-site for at least 15 minutes to ensure there are no adverse reactions. Most reported side effects are mild and include arm soreness, fatigue and headache. AdventHealth will have medical professionals on hand to assist with any concerns.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]