— As Hurricane Isaias approaches the Florida coast, AdventHealth is making preparations to keep staff and patients safe at its hospitals and facilities across Central Florida, from Flagler County to Polk County.
Among the preparations:
- Ensuring adequate supplies for the duration of the storm
- Checking and clearing drains
- Sandbagging buildings to guard against water intrusion
- Securing additional space to allow for social distancing within our facilities throughout the storm.
AdventHealth’s facilities have capacity to care for patients both with and without COVID-19, and that’s true in good weather and in bad. Our hospitals are designed in such a way that spaces are flexible and expandable. If a coastal facility needed to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane, AdventHealth has an extensive health care network across Central Florida and can transfer patients to a facility that best matches the level of care needed for each patient’s unique needs.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]