— Today’s AdventHealth Morning Briefing focused on the spike of COVID-19 cases in Central Florida and how wearing a mask can help minimize the spread of the virus.
Dr. Peter Schoch, chief medical officer of Integrated Health Services for AdventHealth's Central Florida Division, spoke about the importance of masking and things to consider when going out and about over the Independence Day weekend.
Highlights from the briefing include:
- An illustration showing how the COVID-19 virus is transmitted via droplets from talking, singing, coughing and sneezing and can travel up to 25 feet.
- Discussion about how masking, along with social distancing and hand washing, is the most effective way to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Advice for social gatherings, such as beach trips, backyard barbecues, and play dates over the holiday weekend. Tips include keeping gatherings small and observing precautions such as wearing masks, social distancing, and keeping hands washed and clean.
“As Americans, we don’t like to be limited, but this pandemic is bigger than ourselves,” said Schoch. “There is a personal and social responsibility to minimize the spread of the virus and by wearing a mask, you protect others and protect our economy.”
We encourage you to refer to the video on the Life at AdventHealth Central Florida page to pull direct quotes from Dr. Schoch.
BONUS: Spanish language sound on the importance of wearing masks over the Independence Day weekend from Dr. Omayra Mansfield, chief medical officer at AdventHealth Apopka and AdventHealth Winter Garden.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]