Today’s AdventHealth Morning Briefing featured Dr. Omayra Mansfield, chief medical officer at AdventHealth Apopka and AdventHealth Winter Garden.
Mansfield discussed the latest COVID-19 developments, including:
- We’re in a plateau with COVID-19 cases and have seen a decline in hospitalizations. We reached our peak a few weeks ago in Central Florida but have not dropped dramatically. People are listening, wearing their masks more often.
- “Your child is your child, and your family dynamic is a unique situation. If ever there were a time to advocate for your child, this is it. Nobody will love your child more than you, and nobody knows your child better than you. Be a voice that needs to be heard. Make sure that everything is being done and that the right measures are not just in place, but that when school actually starts, that they are maintained.”
- “We know that when children go back to school, they tend to get sick because there are so many other viruses that also will go around in a school setting. It can be difficult as parents, but if you have any concern about your child, not only for their safety but for the sake of every other child, just keep them home.”
We encourage you to refer to the video on the Life at AdventHealth Central Floridapage to pull direct quotes from Dr. Mansfield. The video may be downloaded by following this link: https://vimeo.com/444972553#t=334s
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]