— Visitor Policy Changes
In order to provide a safe, healing environment for patients and team members, AdventHealth is modifying its visitor policies, effective March 16 for inpatients, outpatient labs and imaging centers, and March 18 for Centra Care and physician practices.
- Everyone visiting AdventHealth facilities, including outside vendors, will be screened each time they enter the facility. If any of the screening identifies a symptom of concern, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the hospital until testing would confirm they do not have COVID-19.
- Visitors who are sick are asked not to visit patients or enter the facility unless they are seeking personal medical care.
- Children under the age of 12 are prohibited from visiting a facility unless they are seeking care. We continue to provide pediatric care; this policy applies to visitors only.
- People who have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 are not allowed to enter the facility as a visitor.
- All visitors must wash their hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before and after leaving patient rooms and the facility.
- For specific information on visitation hours, please call the AdventHealth facility ahead of time as visiting hours may change.
We have received several inquiries about preparations following the President’s declaration of a State of Emergency. AdventHealth leaders have been planning for and continue to be prepared for a patient with coronavirus. These preparations include:
- Educating physicians and clinical teams on the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Florida Department of Health.
- Screening all patients at care entry points at all facilities.
- Deploying measures at our facilities, screening posters and questionnaires, that ensure we are capturing patient travel history and symptoms.
- Working with our vendors and internal teams to ensure we have adequate supplies such as masks, protective equipment for team members, wipes and hand sanitizers.
- Established a multidisciplinary leadership team who is working around-the-clock to ensure we have capacity, supplies, equipment and staffing to handle a potential coronavirus patient or influx of patients.
- All of our hospitals are equipped to rapidly identify, isolate and care for a suspected or confirmed coronavirus patient.
- Contact: CFD External Communications
- Tel: Call CFD External Communications at407-303-5950
- Email: Email CFD External Communications at[email protected]