Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
CELBRATION, Fla., - Twenty-five years ago, AdventHealth Celebration began its commitment to provide exceptional care to people in the Celebration community, Osceola County and surrounding areas. Since 1997, the hospital has had exponential growth, in both physical capacity and the types of specialty care available for residents and visitors to the region.
AdventHealth Celebration opened its doors with a total of 40 beds. Today, it has over 317 beds and will add another 40 beds by the end of this year.
Over the years, the hospital has expanded its services and the ability to treat even the most medically complex cases. In 2004, the hospital opened the medical office building, housing physician practices and an ambulatory surgical center. Then in 2011, the first patient tower opened, followed quickly by the AdventHealth Nicholson Center, a first-of-its-kind global training and education facility. Nicholson brings together clinical learners, expert educators, industry leaders, researchers, clinical organization and even the U.S. military to advance technology in the latest minimally invasive, simulation and robotic surgical techniques.
“AdventHealth Celebration was founded 25 years ago with the goal of creating a world-class hospital with a unique healing environment,” said Doug Harcombe, CEO of AdventHealth Celebration and the Osceola Market. “The growth of our hospital speaks volumes about our team members’ dedication to providing the most advanced, lifesaving care close to home.”
More recently, AdventHealth Celebration opened a new patient tower in July of 2020. Over the past 2 years, there has been tremendous growth and the new patient rooms are being built out on the 5th floor of this new tower. The new beds will open in December of 2022.
Other memorable achievements include:
- AdventHealth Celebration started their open-heart program and opened the Children’s ER in 2019.
- In late 2019, AdventHealth Celebration opened a new Cancer Center with new state of the art technology to treat cancer and partnered with Moffitt.
- Obtaining a Comprehensive Stroke Center certification, a designation that recognizes proven expertise in treating patients who experience the most complex stroke cases. The certification was issued by the DNV GL Healthcare, an approved hospital accreditation organization through the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid.
- AdventHealth Celebration started a MR-guided focus ultrasound program to treat essential tremors. This non-invasive treatment is the only program offered in Osceola County and AdventHealth.
- And AdventHealth Celebration is the only hospital in Osceola County to receive the Magnet Recognition for Excellence in Nursing.
The hospital is home to one of the world’s most knowledgeable robotic surgical teams, including leaders in robotic-assisted prostate surgery and hysterectomy surgery.
“As a leader in robotic surgery, we are always looking to bring innovative and leading-edge technology to our community to enhance efficiency with surgical techniques and highlight our overall commitment to whole person health care,” said Harcombe.
Next year, AdventHealth Celebration plans to open the Center for Interventional Endoscopy, which will be the second such center in Central Florida.
The AdventHealth ER at FLAMINGO CROSSINGS Town Center today opened its doors to the public.
The new ER, located at FLAMINGO CROSSINGS Town Center, offers a range of services for Central Florida visitors and community members including Walt Disney World Resort guests and cast members.
AdventHealth and Orlando Neurosurgery recently opened a new Spine and Brain Center in Winter Garden.