Advanced ER Care
In an emergency, time is of the essence. That’s why AdventHealth Winter Park, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital, has a dedicated team of ER physicians and other experts available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — just in case you need them. We do everything we can to reduce ER wait times, so you can get the emergency medical treatments you need.
Our Winter Park emergency room is a designated stroke center, which means we serve as a primary destination for emergency medical technicians and paramedics who are transporting stroke patients. This designation assures that we have highly trained ER staff on hand at all times. Plus, advanced tools, procedures and treatments designed specifically for strokes — when every second matters.
Convenient and Close to Home
- Central Florida's Only Senior-Friendly ER
At AdventHealth Winter Park, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital, we’ve created the first and only ER in Central Florida designed for seniors. More importantly, AdventHealth for Seniors features a team of physicians and clinicians with specialized training in geriatric emergency medicine.
Our senior-friendly environment features amenities designed to promote comfort and healing. We have carefully designed the Senior ER not only for the patient, but also caregivers and loved ones.
- Private senior lobby that features a wide variety of senior resources
- Thicker, more comfortable pressure-reducing mattresses
- Forget-me-not items such as magnifying glasses and hearing amplifiers
- High-back chairs that enhance comfort and mobility for patients, families and visitors
- Warm blankets for patients and loved ones
- Soothing colors and artwork to create a calm environment
- Large-print word searches, crossword puzzles and senior-friendly magazines
- Coordinated Care
As a complimentary service, Senior ER Care Coordinator Lorraine Zima-Lennon is ready to assist you during your visit. She has 20 years of experience as a registered nurse with geriatric training. Her role is to conduct a more detailed assessment of patient needs, answer questions, explain information and provide support to you and your loved ones as needed. These services include:
- Serving as a liaison between you and your healthcare team
- Meeting with patient and family to identify physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Connecting you and your loved ones to community resources and support services
- Coordinating care plans designed or recommended by the health-care team
- Creating a safe plan for home discharge or assisting with an alternative care plan
- Supporting You Through Local Urgent Care Centers
When you need treatment for non-critical injuries or illnesses, such as rashes or sprains, you can find support in our local Centra Care urgent care centers. Our highly skilled medical teams are ready to help you with a range of minor ailments, including:
- Allergic Reactions and Hives
- Cold, Flu, and Common Illnesses
- Disease Management
- Minor Cuts (Onsite Stitches Available)
- Sprains, Strains, and Fractures
- Stomach and Digestive Conditions
You need to focus on taking care of yourself or your loved one. We accept most major insurance plans, and we don’t require you to schedule an appointment before visiting Centra Care. That way you can find care more quickly. Because we care about your future health as well, we offer preventative services in Centra Care, like annual physical exams, flu shots, and EKGs — helping you enjoy life with confidence.
- eCare: Bringing You More Convenient Care
Sometimes when you’re not feeling well, going to the doctor’s office may feel like it does more harm than good. That’s why we created eCare. Through the use of a smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can speak with a doctor or nurse practitioner without leaving your house — or even your couch. Our eCare specialists offer virtual appointments for many minor injuries and illnesses, including:
- Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye
- Cough, Colds, Bronchitis, and Flu
- Lower-Back Pain
- Seasonal Allergies
- Sinus and Upper-Respiratory Infections
- Skin Conditions
- Urinary Tract Infections
How It Works
- Download the app on iTunes or GooglePlay.
- Create an account.
- Tap the "Request Visit" link in your app and get started.
Your care is just a click away. Get started today.
- When to Head to Your Nearest Emergency Room
Urgent Care or ER: When to Go to the Closest Emergency Room
You know your body and you know when something's not right. When your body is trying to tell you something — if you’re seized by sudden pain or having a severe allergic reaction — listen. And trust your instincts. Call 911 immediately to be taken to the closest ER if you experience any of the following:
- Broken Bones
- Complicated Fractures
- Deep Wounds
- Extreme Difficulty Breathing
- Major Head Injury
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- Severe Burns
- Suspected Heart Attack
- Suspected Stroke
- Vomiting or Coughing Up Blood
You can easily live your whole life without seeing the inside of an emergency room. But if you ever need us, know that AdventHealth Winter Park, is here to help make the experience smoother, combining ER expertise with compassionate care so you can start feeling whole again. Our expertise is demonstrated by the elite certifications we’ve obtained.
What to Expect When You Visit the ER
In an emergency situation, you may feel worried and confused. You'll have a lot of questions, and we’ll be here to answer each one. We’ll have some questions for you, too, because the more we know, the more quickly and effectively we can treat you. First, we’ll ask for basic information like your medical history and the reason for your visit. After we take your vital signs, we’ll decide on the best way to help you.
Because we’re dedicated to bringing you timely care in our 24-hour emergency rooms, we prioritize using a process known as triage. This means a later-arriving patient suffering from suspected stroke may receive treatment sooner than someone else in a non-critical condition. But you can be confident we’ll do all we can reduce our ER wait times, so we can bring you timely, effective emergency medical treatments.