A Better Life Tomorrow
You are facing a cancer diagnosis and need care you can feel confident in. At AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, we're here to help you face cancer with confidence, strength, and hope. Our expert oncologists can care for a wide variety of cancers, offering advanced treatments for lung cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer, skin cancer, and more. As part of the AdventHealth network, which includes the exceptional AdventHealth Cancer Center in Volusia and Flagler counties, we combine expert care, innovative therapies, and groundbreaking cancer treatments with a whole-person approach that not only treats your body, but eases your mind and ministers to your spirit as well.
At AdventHealth Palm Coast
- Personalized Navigation for Your Cancer Journey
You're not alone. You already have a strong support network in your family and friends. And now you can add AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, to the list. As you begin your treatment at our oncology center, we’ll match you with a care navigator who's ready to guide you through the logistics of cancer treatment. From scheduling appointments and providing educational resources to connecting you with support groups and nutritional counseling, your care navigator is always there for you, putting you first and empowering you on your path to wellness.
- Treating a Range of Cancers
Your body is made up of a lot of different organs. We want to care for every part. We have oncologists at our Palm Coast hospital who care for a range of cancers, including:
- Brain and Spine Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers, Including Liver, Stomach, Colorectal, and Pancreatic
- Genitourinary Cancers, Including Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, and Testicular
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Hematology Oncology
- Lung and Esophageal Cancers
- Advanced Technologies and Better Cancer Treatments
You want to know that your care is in good hands. In our Flagler County hospital, you can count on the very best. Our oncologists use the latest technologies and therapies available to help create cancer treatment plans tailored to your needs. And we’re always looking toward groundbreaking research for better answers and fresh options. As part of the AdventHealth Cancer Center in Volusia and Flagler counties, we explore leading-edge treatments through dozens of clinical trials each year. Other cancer treatment options may include:
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) — The most advanced form of radiation available, allowing for the most precise tumor visualization possible
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) — Delivers high doses of targeted radiation to help keep non-cancerous tissues healthy
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) — Occurs during a lumpectomy and helps reduce the need for additional breast cancer radiation
- Minimally Invasive Procedures — Used to replace certain complex surgeries, allowing for smaller scars, less pain, and faster recovery times
- PET CT Simulations — Take a closer look at cancer cells that may be hidden, allowing for more accurate tumor targeting
- Targeted and Hormonal Therapies — Types of drugs that attack certain types of cancer cells and stop their growth
- TrueBeam Technology — Allows for faster, more comfortable cancer treatment, performing radiation sessions in two minutes instead of the usual 10 to 30; with faster treatment times, tumors are less likely to move during a session, which translates to greater protection for nearby healthy tissue and critical organs
- 3D Treatment Planning — Uses CT scans to get precise information for more accurate treatment plans
It's natural to feel anxious about cancer screenings and treatments, which is why we'll be here to guide you at every turn. When you have questions, concerns, or anxiety, talk to us. We want to help you find the peace of mind you need for restorative healing.
- Caring for More Than Just Your Body
Our care for you doesn’t stop at treatment. It also doesn’t stop when you leave our hospital. We understand the unique obstacles you face when you've been diagnosed with cancer. That's why we designed the AdventHealth Palm Coast Rehabilitation Program to help you overcome them. From spiritual guidance and support groups, to uplifting counseling and nutritionists, we have the resources to help you feel your best physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Rewarded for the Best Care
Every day we strive to give you life-changing care. In celebration of that effort, we’ve been rewarded for world-class cancer treatments, compassionate staff, and positive outcomes. Our hospital is accredited by the Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons. The AdventHealth Cancer Center in Volusia and Flagler counties is nationally recognized for its work, combining multiple facilities, including our Palm Coast hospital. The best care leads to the best outcomes. We want to provide that confidence for you.
- Unparalleled Cancer Support
Beyond the amazing collection of technology and talent at AdventHealth Palm Coast is the exceptional support we provide to our patients. Some of the most accessed cancer support resources include:
Cancer Support Assistance
Referrals for counseling, discharge planning, assistance with post hospital needs, vocational and financial assistance and referral to community resources.
Cancer Support Groups
Support Groups for patients and their families that provide information about living with cancer.
SPOHNC Head, Neck & Oral Cancer Support Group
Meets the first Thursday of each month from 4 pm - 5:30 pm and is held in Classroom D
Prostate Cancer Support Group
Meets the third Thursday of each month from 9 am - 10 am and is held in Classroom D
Breast Cancer Support Group
Meets the third Thursday of each month from 5 pm - 7 pm and is held in Classroom D
Multiple Myeloma Support Group
Meets the second Tuesday of each month from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm and is held in Classroom D
Look Good, Feel Better
Patients are required to register in advance for this group, which meets the last Monday of February, April, June, August and October. This group also meets in Classroom D
- Lung Cancer Screening Program
Of the top four deadliest cancers in the U.S., lung cancer is the only one not subject to routine screening. Based on the findings of the National Lung Screening Trial, we know that CT lung screening can save lives of people at high risk for developing lung cancer. Low-dose CT (LDCT) lung screening is quick and easy and results in a minimal amount of radiation exposure. AdventHealth is committed to raise awareness and improve access to this testing for all people at high risk. We are currently offering LDCT lung screenings to individuals who meet the established high-risk criteria.
You may qualify for a LDCT lung screening at AdventHealth if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Age 55-77 years
- No signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- Smoking history of at least 30 pack-years (one pack-year = smoking one pack per day for one year)
- Current Smoker or has quit smoking within last 15 years
- Age 55 - 80
- Smoking history of at least 30 pack-years
- Current smoker or has quit smoking within last 15 years
- Have no major health problems or conditions that would prevent them from receiving cancer treatment
- Current guidelines also recommend CT lung cancer screening for people who are 50 or older, have been smoking for 20 pack-years, and have one additional lung cancer risk factor such as:
- exposure to radon, asbestos, silica or other carcinogen
- personal history of lymphoma or a smoking-related cancer, including head and neck cancer or bladder cancer
- family history of lung cancer
Scheduling a Screening
Ask your health care provider if you think you may be eligible for the LDCT lung cancer screening program. If you need to find a physician, call 866-328-6417.
AdventHealth Deland Victoria Park Imaging
151 Victoria Commons Blvd., Suite 100
Deland, FL 32724
AdventHealth Fish Imaging
1745 Sterling Silver Blvd., Suite 101
Deltona, FL 32725
335 Clyde Morris Blvd., Suite 250
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
AdventHealth Palm Coast Parkway Medical Plaza
120 Cypress Edge Dr., Suite 103
Palm Coast, FL 32164
- Public Reporting of Outcomes
Note: In 2019, Florida Hospital Flager became AdventHealth Palm Coast.
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.