Discover What DNA Reveals About Your Health
The more you know about your health, the more empowered you are to take charge of your wellness. A first-of-its-kind genomics study in Florida, WholeMe screens for hereditary heart conditions and cancer — and reveals 22 fascinating insights about your health and heritage. Reserve your no-cost genetic screening today to get a personalized view of your health.
By participating in WholeMe, in addition to testing your DNA for FH, you will be able to find out about your ancestry traits and other 22 personal genetic traits that will help you get to know you at a whole different level.
- Asparagus Odor Detection
- Bitter Taste
- Caffeine Metabolism
- Cilantro Taste Aversion
- Circadian Rhythm
- Coffee Consumption
- Delayed Sleep
- Earwax Type
- Endurance vs Power
- Exercise Impact on Weight
- Eye Color
- Hair Curl and Texture
- Hand Grip Strength
- Lactose Tolerance
- Sleep Duration
- Sleep Movement
- Sweet Tooth
- Tan vs. Sunburn
- Waist Size
WholeMe: Genomics 101
With Genomics, your doctor can truly personalize your health care as well as help prevent, diagnose and treat serious health risks.
Extra Safety Measures for Your Protection
We’re employing the following safety measures and protocols to ensure you and your loved ones feel confident, protected and safe in our facilities.
Universal Mask Use
Even in a pandemic, you can feel safe. We’re stocked with safety supplies, and have the personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks for all patients, visitors and team members at our facilities.
Have peace of mind that everyone you come into contact with has their temperature checked upon arrival. Every facility. Every time.
Feel confident you’re doing the right thing to keep yourself and others safe. With limited visitation, new waiting room protocols and more, you can safely practice social distancing.
Take comfort knowing your safety is our priority. COVID-19-positive and symptomatic patients are carefully quarantined away from patients and visitors.
Enhanced Sanitation Measures
If you’ve visited our facilities in the past, you know that cleanliness has always been one of our top priorities. But now we’re taking extraordinary new steps to ensure thorough, frequent and ongoing sanitation measures are happening around the clock.
In partnership with Helix, a personal genomics company, we are launching a groundbreaking project – WholeMe, the first study of its kind in Florida.
Participants will learn about traits that may impact their daily life, such as lactose tolerance, caffeine metabolism and sweet tooth. The DNA will also be evaluated for the genes linked to familial hypercholesterolemia, known as FH – a genetic condition that causes high cholesterol. If left untreated, it can lead to a heart attack, even in young adults.
Individuals identified with FH will complete a confirmatory blood test and one session with a genetic counselor. In addition, they will be connected with one of our cardiologists to take preventive measures to benefit their health.
Our researchers hope to show how genomics can be successfully integrated into health care to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and empower consumers with potential life-saving information about their health.
WholeMe Health Resources
Whether you are seeking to make a change in your health or have been diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolemia (FH), AdventHealth offers a variety of helpful resources to help you get started.
If you have been diagnosed with FH, you can find more resources at the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute.
- AdventHealth Medical Fitness Programs
- Bariatric Surgery and Metabolic Medicine
- Dietitian/Nutritional Counseling
- Mental Health
- Smoking Cessation Programs
- Wellness Coaching
Frequently Asked Questions - General
- What is WholeMe?
- Why are we doing this?
- What are we evaluating?
- Who can join the study?
- What’s familial hypercholesteremia?
- If I have familial hypercholesteremia, will I have a heart attack?
- If I don’t have familial hypercholesteremia, does that mean I will not have a heart attack or stroke?
- If I have FH, do my children need to be tested?
- How long will the study last?
- Is there any cost to the consumer?
- Can I choose to participate in the study?
- What if I have general research questions about this study?
Frequently Asked Questions - Privacy
- If I have FH, can I be kicked off my health insurance, life insurance, or not be approved for either in the future?
- If I have FH, can my children be denied medical or insurance coverage?
- Is this information incorporated into my medical record?
- Who owns my genetic test results?
- Can law enforcement obtain my genetic test results if I participate in this study?
- What is a consent form? Why is it necessary?
- Can I choose to participate in the study?
- Who has access to my information?
- How is my information protected?
- What if I have more questions about this study?
- What is HIPAA?
- What does Helix do with the DNA data once the test has concluded?