Make a Difference in Your Community
Share your heart with your neighbors as a hospital volunteer at AdventHealth Lake Wales, formerly Lake Wales Medical Center. We’re always looking for volunteers who share our passion for community services, care deeply for other people and have the time and energy to give back.
As a volunteer, you’ll get to welcome patients into the hospital, offer comforting remarks to visitors and help with simple daily tasks. Together, we can make our community healthier and stronger.
Begin Your Volunteer Experience Today
Become a volunteer at AdventHealth Lake Wales, formerly Lake Wales Medical Center. Our volunteers support patients and families as they pursue whole health. By volunteering with us, you’ll help our hospital run smoothly and lift others’ spirits during their visit or stay with us.
To get started, complete our hospital volunteer form. After a personal interview and background check, our team will match your skills, talents and interests to one of our volunteer needs.
Give the Gift of Service
As a volunteer at Lake Wales, you’ll make a difference in the lives of patients, families, friends and visitors. Discover how you can help your community thrive through volunteering.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer shifts are available seven days a week, mornings or afternoons. Hospital volunteer opportunities in Lake Wales include:
- Delivering flowers to patients
- Driving the courtesy parking shuttle golf cart
- Greeting visitors in the hospital lobbies
- Lending a helping hand in the gift shop
- Working behind the scenes in several departments
- Volunteer Benefits
Your time and energy can benefit every patient and visitor, and volunteering boots your body, mind and spirit, too.
- Boost your self-confidence
- Help you feel happy and grateful
- Help foster important social relationships and skills
- Help you make new friends
- Reduce feelings of stress, anger and anxiety
- Empower you to stay healthy
Our volunteers also receive:
- A free annual flu shot
- One free meal ticket for each shift
- A volunteer uniform
- Hospital Volunteer Requirements
We welcome people who share our mission and passion for helping others. However, we do ask that all volunteers be 16 years old or older and be able to:
- Complete the volunteer hospital application
- Pass a background check
- Submit a letter of recommendation
Share Your Voice and Lift People Up
AdventHealth Lake Wales is forming a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), which is a group of former or current patients, family members and hospital administration or staff.
We come together to offer insights on hospital initiatives and share how we can improve the care we deliver to our community every day. Feedback from the council helps improve hospital operations and patient safety and satisfaction, along with employee engagement and well-being.
To join PFAC, please complete the application below. Volunteers for PFAC are asked to:
- Interact Well With People From Diverse Backgrounds
- Share Insight Constructively
- Speak Comfortably and Candidly
Members of PFAC are asked to be active members for at least a year. Monthly meetings are one-hour sessions hosted on hospital property.
You’ll receive orientation and training on the mission and goals of AdventHealth Lake Wales and the advisory council, as well as hospital regulatory and privacy issues.