Dedicated to Your Whole Health
A diabetes diagnosis is a lifelong condition, but it doesn’t have to control your life.
With supportive care and education from the diabetes care team at AdventHealth Lake Wales, formerly Lake Wales Medical Center, you can take charge of your diabetes. We help you find innovative treatment, make healthy lifestyle decisions and avoid complications so you can keep feeling your best for years to come.
To Help You Take Control of Your Diabetes
- A Team Approach to Diabetes Care
Lakes Wales diabetes treatment includes a team of expert endocrinologists dedicated to helping you improve your quality of life.
The self-management program at our diabetes care center gives you the skills and knowledge you need to manage your condition and avoid complications. Our team of diabetes specialists cares for all types of diabetes, including:
- Gestational Diabetes
- Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY)
- Type 1 Diabetes (Also Called Juvenile Diabetes)
- Type 2 Diabetes
At AdventHealth Lake Wales, diabetes treatment is tailored to your needs and goals so that you can not only feel better but feel whole.
- Supportive Diabetes Education
Our certified diabetes educators give you the tools and knowledge you need to manage your diabetes well. Our educational program covers topics like:
- Diabetes Medications and Devices
- Diabetes Nutrition, Including Meal Planning, Tips for Dining Out and Understanding Food Labels
- Helpful Diabetes Resources, Including Support Groups, Community Offerings and More
- How to Reduce Complications and Improve Overall Health, Including Information on Exercise and Weight Control
- Problem-Solving and Coping Skills
- Types of Diabetes, Complications and Effective Management Techniques