Caring for Your Nervous System Problems
Your brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, nerves — your nervous system is a complex network that sends and receives signals all over your body. For illness or injuries that affect the nervous system — such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), epilepsy, spinal cord injuries, brain tumors or severe back and neck pain — you need advanced expertise and technology in your corner. You’ve found it at AdventHealth Gordon, formerly Gordon Hospital.
Treatment for Stroke
- Stroke Symptoms
A stroke happens when blood flow to the brain is cut off and brain cells begin to die. It’s often called a “brain attack” and can lead to paralysis, speech problems and other disabilities. Because a stroke affects so many aspects of your life and health, our neurologists work closely with vascular surgeons, physical therapists, social workers and others to prevent further damage and help you regain function and live as fully as possible after a stroke.
Important: If you or someone else has symptoms of stroke, call 911 immediately. Prompt treatment is critical to prevent or minimize damage.
Symptoms occur suddenly and can include:
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Numbness of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Severe headache
- Trouble walking, dizziness or loss of balance or coordination
- Trouble with vision in one or both eyes
- Conditions We Treat
AdventHealth Gordon is here for you to provide cutting-edge and compassionate neurological care. Here are some of the conditions we treat:
- Abnormal Movements, Tremors and Tics
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Pinched Nerves
- Gait/Balance and Falls
- Headaches of All Types, Including Migraines
- Memory Problems, Behavior Changes, Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Problems and Weakness
- Neck and Back Pain
- Nerve-Related Pain
- Neuropathy, Burning, Tingling, Numbness and Neuralgia
- Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Seizures (Epilepsy) and Spells
- Sleep Problems, Insomnia, and Restless Legs
Better Support for Better Health
In the journey to better neurologic health, the path is not always clear. We’re here to help you take the next step in your care. Our multidisciplinary team helps you find the right medical support, local resources and spiritual care you need to feel more confident and more in control. Let us help guide and support you as you enjoy a better quality of life, more-compassionate support and a higher level of expert care.
Find Care Near You
Formerly known as Gordon Physicians Group - Gordon Neurology
Formerly known as Gordon Hospital