Helping You Heal
Scrape, cut, or bruise. You want them all to heal quickly, but sometimes that requires extra care. The compassionate Wound Care program at AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, has been helping the Volusia County community heal for more than six decades. We’ll be by your side when your body’s natural healing powers need some additional support. With advanced medical technology like our hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) machine and expert physicians who provide customized treatments for wounds, we can help you take the next steps — toward healing and healthy living.
To Comprehensive Wound Care
- A Personal and Positive Approach
You want to know someone is listening and responding to your needs. We don’t take that for granted. That’s why AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, created a dedicated Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center to give you a one-of-a-kind space for healing and hope. Our Volusia County center is one of seven facilities in the nation to receive the Center of the Year award from Healogics Inc., the nation's largest provider of advanced wound-healing services. We were also named a Center of Distinction. Because every day, around the clock, our very best specialists are strategizing personalized wound treatment plans to give you the best chance for a speedy recovery.
We use advanced diagnostics to help identify the causes of your wound and any barriers to healing. Our expert team knows that many times, your wounds can be complicated by an existing condition like diabetes or arthritis. That’s why we assess every aspect of your health history to give you truly customized wound treatments. From burn care to embolism treatments, we specialize in addressing the needs of patients with all types of conditions and issues, including:
- Poor Circulation and Restricted Blood Flow
- A Comprehensive Wound Care Center for Complete Healing
Count on our AdventHealth Fish Memorial Wound Care professionals to help alleviate pain and accelerate healing. As your wounds heal, we’ll also show you how to protect and care for them. Our Wound Care treatments and services include:
- Compression Therapy — A means of increasing blood flow in the lower limbs by strengthening vein support
- Debridement — The removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT treatments) — A treatment in which the patient breathes in 100 percent oxygen in a pressurized chamber to help heal wounds and fight infections
- Infection Control — The discipline concerned with preventing infection
- Negative Pressure Therapy — Uses a vacuum dressing to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds
- Orthosis — An externally applied device used to modify the structural characteristics of the skeletal system
- Re-vascularization — The restoration of blood circulation to an area, achieved by unblocking obstructed blood vessels
Count on us to develop a comprehensive plan for the treatment of your wounds, helping you heal and get back to a life of whole-person wellness.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
You're ready to focus on living life to the fullest. That's why we're focused on finding you the latest wound-healing remedies, like hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). With HBOT treatments, you'll breathe in 100 percent oxygen under increased atmospheric pressure, which helps boost the healing process by regenerating healthy tissue. This painless procedure can also help reduce the risk of infection. It’s all part of our dedication to caring for your body while easing your mind and lifting your spirit.
Find Care Near You
Formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Office Building
From Diagnosis to Home Recovery
Balancing real life with recovery isn’t always easy. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to Wound Care. Our team can connect you with the diagnostic specialists who can get to the root of your condition, the experts who can help heal what hurts, and the most compassionate Home Care teams who can help provide the care you need in the comfort of your living room.