That Shine a Light on Your Wellness
You’re looking for answers. We’re here to help provide them. At AdventHealth Daytona Beach, formerly Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, we understand how important a quick and accurate diagnosis can be for your peace of mind. Offering a higher standard of Imaging Care services, we provide some of the industry’s most-skilled radiologists and most-advanced technologies right here in Daytona and Ormond Beach.
We offer convenient locations at our Daytona Beach hospital as well as nearby AdventHealth Imaging and New Smyrna Health Park, and our breast imaging center is the area’s only accredited facility designed by women. No matter what, know that we’re here to help you find answers and guide your wellness.
We Provide a Clearer Picture
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Technology, From X-Rays to MRIs
You’re ready to take control of your health. To do that, you need to find answers. At AdventHealth Daytona Beach we offer advanced diagnostic imaging technologies to help provide you with an accurate diagnosis, fast. Our Imaging Care services include:
- Bone Densitometry (DXA) — Scans that use non-invasive tests to detect bone thinning and mineral loss, helping to diagnose osteoporosis
- Computer Tomography (CT Scan) — Scans that produce specialized images of your brain, organs, bones, and soft tissue structure through fast and non-invasive tests
- Echocardiograms — A kind of ultrasound that help us identify heart abnormalities using sound waves that produce images
- Fluoroscopy — Creates a real-time, continuous moving image using a specialized form of X-ray
- Interventional Radiology — A minimally invasive way of detecting medical issues using biopsies and X-rays to create precise images of arteries and veins
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) — Safe and non-invasive tests that help us reach an accurate diagnosis with detailed pictures of your organs, soft tissue, bones, and other structures
- Mammograms — These help your care team detect changes in the breasts to catch breast cancer in early stages, when treatments are most effective
- Nuclear Medicine — Helps us diagnose and treat diseases like cancer and heart disease with greater precision by using tiny, safe amounts of radioactive substances
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) — Scans that can be combined with a CT scan to help us diagnose and examine tumors more quickly and effectively, helping us determine if tumors are malignant (cancerous) or benign (noncancerous)
- Ultrasounds — Use non-invasive sound waves instead of radiation to create clear images of your internal blood vessels and organs
- X-Rays — Also called radiography, these are quick, non-invasive tests that create detailed images of the inside of your body, and are useful for diagnosing and evaluating broken bones and fractures
When it comes to your health, you don't want to waste a single moment. With the answers you'll get from our expert imaging team, you'll quickly be on your way to greater wellness.
- Guidance and Education to Help You Know What to Expect
We want to help you feel more confident and empowered in your care. We do this by talking you through each step at every point of your imaging test(s). We'll talk to you openly about your medical history, taking into account any allergies you may have and any experience with claustrophobia that might make an exam uncomfortable.
Though each test is different, most take between 30 minutes and an hour. For some tests, you may be asked to wear loose clothing or change into a hospital gown. For others, you may have to take off any jewelry or stop eating or drinking a few hours before the test. In some tests, like CTs, we may administer a liquid like contrast or radiotracer, which will help us see inside you better. Feel safe knowing that all of our tests are non-invasive or minimally invasive, so you won't be in any pain and will get you back to your life faster.
At every step, we'll make you feel as comfortable as possible, and after your exam we will work to deliver your results with precision and speed. To learn more about what to expect for an individual test or access patient forms, visit us here.
- Women’s Imaging Services at AdventHealth
Early detection is key to treating disease. And getting a clear picture of your health is key to early detection. That's why, at AdventHealth, our entire network of care offers advanced imaging technologies, like mammograms and ultrasounds, with unparalleled clarity for more accurate diagnosis and earlier detection of cancerous tissue — when it’s most treatable and beatable. You can count on us to continually reach for the highest standard of care.
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Daytona Beach, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.