For Every Heart Health Need
You like a bit of adventure. But when it comes to your heart, certainty is always the best. That's why we provide skilled, experienced cardiovascular care you can count on. For more than 30 years, AdventHealth Daytona Beach, formerly Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, has been serving Volusia and Flagler Counties with prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of chronic and urgent cardiac conditions. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center and home to the only hospital inpatient rehabilitation facility with accreditation for stroke care. We do all this with a strong attention to compassion and a dedication to expertise. Caring for your heart is a privilege we take seriously.
Understanding Your Health
- Assessing Your Risks
Empowering you to live an active and healthy life is our mission. We do this by providing the knowledge you need to understand your current heart health and through the assessment of your personal risk for heart-related conditions. Among the heart risk assessment factors we address are:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Diet and Nurtrition
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
- Vascular Disorders
- Weight Loss
We'll work with you to examine the ways you can minimize your risk of heart disease so that you can live an active, joyful life.
- Diagnosis Is the Key to Better Health
When it comes to your heart, you know when something's not right. You might be experiencing chest pain or having trouble sleeping. Whatever the case, a fast and accurate diagnosis is the key that will open the door to better health. Our expert cardiologists will conduct an initial screening to determine your condition. This screening may include the following tests:
- 24-Hour Holter Monitoring — Use of a battery-operated portable device that continuously measures and records heart activity
- Echo Tests — Use of high-frequency sound waves to create a photo of the heart
- EKG — Records the electrical activity of your heart via small electrode patches attached to the skin
- Nuclear Tests — Insertion of trace material that illuminates the vein so we can take a photo of your heart
- Peripheral Arterial Evaluations
- Treadmill Stress-Testing
If you feel there's something not quite right with your heart health or your health in general, come see us. At AdventHealth Daytona Beach, formerly Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, we'll work quickly to give you the answers you need.
- Advanced Treatments. Improved Outcomes.
You want more than treatment. You want understanding and support, from your initial diagnosis through healing. We aim to provide both. In our Endovascular/Hybrid Operating Room, we integrate digital imaging diagnostics, radiological, catheterization, and surgical capabilities, so that you don't have to move between hospitals or facilities for different treatment needs. The result is less pain and reduced time in surgery.
You can also trust in a cardiovascular care team that has the experience needed to perform these procedures. We've been performing open heart surgeries since 1980, and have performed hundreds of cardiovascular surgeries. Three additional hospital cardiac operating rooms allow our cardiovascular surgeons to perform numerous minimally invasive and open-heart procedures, including:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG)
- Endovascular Procedures
- Irregular Heart Rhythms Treatment, Including Atrial Fibrillation
- Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) for STEMI
- Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) for Aortic Stenosis
- Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR) Procedure
- Various Thoracic and Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) for AFib
We also perform cardiac catheterization procedures, including:
- A-V Nodal Ablations
- AFib Ablation, Including HeartLight
- Coronary “Balloon” Angioplasty
- Electrophysiology Studies
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Pacemakers and Internal Cardiac Defibrillator Insertion
- Peripheral Vascular Disease Treatment and Surgical Program
To help you prepare for your procedure, we'll guide you through every step and make you feel as comfortable as possible. After your procedure, our Inpatient Rehabilitation program offers customized recovery plans and support groups. A specialized rehab hospital that's fully accredited by The Joint Commission, we provide specialized cardiac outpatient rehabilitation for people who have experienced a range of cardiovascular issues. We'll be there to help you regain your strength, find a more active life, and prevent future heart health problems. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, we're here for you.
- Award-Winning Cardiac Care
You know what quality care feels like. We know what it feels like to provide it. It's something we've been doing every day for more than 30 years. It's also why we've been honored with numerous awards for our cardiovascular care. Among these are:
- "A" Rating From Hospital Safety Score and The Leapfrog Group
- Governor’s Sterling Award for Excellence, Issued by the State of Florida
- Top 100 Hospitals Everest Award, Issued by Truven Health Analytics
- Volusia County’s Most Preferred Hospital Since 2010, According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
We're proud to have received these honors, but we're even prouder to serve our community. To us, you're not just a patient. You're a neighbor, a friend, and a family member. It's our privilege to support you on your heart health journey.
For YourWhole Life
Breaking down barriers to better heart health. That’s what multidisciplinary care means to us. Our Care Coordinators can connect you to the local nutrition, exercise, and surgical experts who can help you feel better and feel whole as you continue your journey to wellness. From helping with medication management to supporting your rehabilitation progress, our approach to care is simple: We’re here to help you get from where you are now to where you want to be.