Hope Begins Here
We’re in this together. At AdventHealth Daytona Beach, formerly Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, your wellness inspired us to assemble a leading team of oncologists, radiologists, personal care navigators, and more to support you throughout your cancer journey. Within our comprehensive Cancer Institute, a cutting-edge cancer center here in Volusia County, you’ll find all the cancer treatments and services you need under one hospital roof, whether it’s screening, chemotherapy, or support groups.
Our whole-person approach to health care means we’ll support you and your family in body, mind, and spirit. And when you need someone to lean on, we'll be here.
Helping You Achieve a Life of Health
- A Personal Guide to Help You Navigate the Care Process
Feel comfortable and confident in your treatment. Guiding you through the cancer care process, your personal Care Coordinator will help you schedule appointments, navigate hospital procedures, connect with your medical team, and more. They’re also here to support you and your family, addressing your concerns, answering your questions, and being there for you through it all. Their goal is to help you manage every logistical detail, so you can focus on your health. And because we know that each moment matters, we promise to see you for an appointment within 48 hours of your request. And with an onsite laboratory, you'll get results back within 24 hours. We're here at every step to provide support and knowledge quickly and efficiently.
- Leading Cancer Treatments
Benefit from highly advanced cancer care. Our Cancer Institute combines innovative technology and an experienced team to give you the best outcomes possible. Our team takes a multidisciplinary approach to treating cancer as a complex group of diseases that requires consultation among surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, and other cancer specialists. AdventHealth Daytona Beach, formerly Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, offers a range of cutting-edge services for cancer care, including:
- Immunotherapies and targeted treatments that fight cancer at the molecular level, which can lead to faster, more effective healing
- Novalis TX Radiosurgery platform, which allows physicians to perform radiosurgery treatment more quickly and precisely
- Advanced oncologic imaging and screenings to help us detect cancer early
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies that ease your journey through the treatment process
- TrueBeam® Radiotherapy to help us perform image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery, allowing us to treat cancer faster, with fewer treatments and pinpoint accuracy
- Proactive Screenings for Early Detection of Lung Cancer
Part of living a life of whole wellness means being proactive about your care. We want to lend a hand and make this easier. Lung cancer is important to catch early for better treatment options, and studies have shown that screenings are the best way to help people who are at a high risk. That’s why we provide life-saving low-dose CT (LDCT) lung screenings for people who have a high risk of lung cancer, based on the following criteria:
- Age 55 to 77
- Currently smoke or quit smoking within the last 15 years.
- Characterized as a heavy smoker (Smoking history of 30 years of at least 1 pack per day).
It is recommended that all high risk individuals get a low dose CT scan of the lungs. don't wait for symptoms, get tested today.
- A New Frontier of Cancer Treatments Through Clinical Trials
In your journey, you’re always looking for the best cancer treatment options for you. We are too. For some, that may mean exploring new options through clinical trials. AdventHealth Daytona Beach partners with the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville to offer a range of studies that are sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
We’re also an affiliate member of ALLIANCE Cooperative Group, an organization that develops new cancer treatments and therapies across the country. If you’re looking for new hope in your cancer journey, reach out to our clinical research nurse today at Call1-386-231-4023 to find out if a clinical trial is the right option for you.
- Whole-Person Healing and Support
Our whole-person approach means we care about more than just your physical health — we’re dedicated to every aspect of your care. In addition to hospital services like chemotherapy and radiation treatments, you’ll find services like nutrition therapy, support groups, and an extensive cancer resource library.
Most cancer happens by chance, but sometimes it is inherited due to a gene mutation. Sharing family stories and history can do more than bring relatives together - it can help you make informed medical decisions to prepare for your future.
We offer genetic counseling, a comprehensive, customized program designed to support those who have, or may be at risk for hereditary cancer conditions.
Our dedicated oncology social workers are also on hand to help you and your family adjust to new lifestyles and find strength in this journey. They're able to provide one-on-one guidance, caregiver support, and stress management tips, and help with home care, transportation, advance directives, and more. We’re always here to support you in body, mind, and spirit. Get started today by calling Call386-231-4018.
- Award-Winning Cancer Care. Inspired by You.
Your care is our number one concern. We’re honored that our Daytona Beach patient-centered cancer treatment has gained recognition from the following organizations:
- American College of Radiology
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Lung Cancer Alliance (Screening Center of Excellence)
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
While we’re proud of our awards, that’s not our focus. Instead, we’re dedicated to giving you the best care possible, supporting you through the whole treatment process, and helping you achieve a life of whole-person health.
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.