AdventHealth Connerton, located at 9441 Health Center Drive in Land O’ Lakes, is a specialty acute care hospital for patients who require a continued hospital stay. Our care is focused on medically complex issues to help serve the community’s needs close to home.
The 70,000-square foot, 77-bed, long-term acute care facility was specially designed to provide personalized, compassionate care for patients with complex medical conditions who need several weeks of critical care.
The unique environment of a specialty long-term care hospital means that our patients and their visitors will spend more time with us than at other hospitals. For that reason, our facility is a comfortable environment for both patients and their loved ones.
Caring for Medically Complex Patients at our Acute Care Hospital
Our specially trained AdventHealth Connerton staff works closely together to deliver expert acute care, helping each patient progress toward the next stage of their recovery.
Our patients require high-intensity medical care, and many times suffer from multiple medical conditions. This requires a coordinated, multi-disciplinary approach that involves our entire team of physician specialists, registered nurses, technicians, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and case managers.
At our hospital, we care for patients with:
- Amputation recovery and other rehabilitation needs
- Congestive heart failure
- Debilitation related to a primary diagnosis
- GI dysfunction
- Hypertension/labile blood pressure
- Infectious diseases
- Kidney failure
- Metabolic disorders
- Post-operative complications
- Pulmonary disorders
- Unstable diabetes mellitus
- Wound/skin care
The Benefits of a Long-Term Acute Care Facility
AdventHealth Connerton combines comfort with the highest levels of medical care and safety to accommodate patients for however long their stay requires. This includes:
- Common areas such as a patio garden, cafeteria and multi-purpose room
- Spacious, all-private rooms with a pull-out couch for overnight guests
- Specially trained, highly experienced experts in long-term, acute care medicine, respiratory therapy, and physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Strict infection control procedures, including state-of-the-art room sanitizing robots, footwear sanitizers and hand hygiene education for all staff, patients and visitors
Our in-house services as a specialty acute-care hospital include:
- Radiology/Imaging: Our inpatient radiology services allow us to quickly take and interpret diagnostic imaging such as X-ray or ultrasound scans
- Surgical Suite: Our fully equipped operating room is available for minor inpatient procedures
- Laboratory: Our dedicated laboratory allows quicker test results
- Pharmacy: Our full-service inpatient pharmacy dispenses medications ordered by a patient’s physician
- Respiratory Services: Our Level 5 Respiratory Therapists are experts in critical care ventilator support as well as ventilator weaning and acute care respiratory therapy
- Therapy Services: Including physical, occupational, speech and nutritional therapy are available on site.
- Medical Nutrition Services: Our on-site Medical Nutrition Therapist can develop nutritious meals for patients based on the physician’s recommendations
- Case Management: Each patient is assigned a Case Manager who assists with discharge planning and special service needs
- Telemetry: A specially trained telemetry team monitors patients’ vital signs 24 hours a day.
As a faith-based health care provider, we understand the importance of whole-person health, which includes not only physical, but also mental, emotional and spiritual healing. So in addition to the benefits listed above, our interfaith chapel is available at any time for prayer, meditation, or a peaceful break, regardless of your faith tradition.
Finding Long-Term Care Near Me
AdventHealth Connerton is conveniently located close to home in West Central Florida. For more information on our acute care hospital near you, please visit AdventHealthConnerton.com.