Get to the Heart of the Matter
You're all heart. And your spirit shines through in everything you do. At AdventHealth, formerly Metroplex Health System, we care for both your heart and your spirit. We offer advanced imaging technologies and one of the nation's newest cardiac catheterization labs. In fact, we're the only cardiovascular center in central Texas to have received the Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). That means you can count on us for advanced Heart and Vascular Care that meets the highest standards.
Our innovative treatments for heart problems are designed to get you back to living the life you love quickly, and with as little pain as possible. And our whole-person approach to your heart health emphasizes compassionate care that treats your condition while providing care for your emotional and spiritual health as well. With us, caring wholeheartedly isn't a motto. It's a reality.
Live a Healthier, More Active Life
- Risk Assessments for Cardiac Illnesses
You prioritize your physical fitness. You're always trying to walk more, eat less sugar, and minimize your stress. Your cardiovascular fitness deserves the same attention. While some of the factors that affect your heart health are beyond your control, several of them aren't. These include:
- Blood Pressure Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress Reduction
- Weight Loss
Together, we'll empower you with great tactics for making positive impacts in heart disease and heart attack prevention, giving you guidance and support wherever we can.
- Diagnosing Your Heart's Condition
Knowledge is everything when it comes to your heart. The sooner you know what's causing your concern, the better we can address it. It's why AdventHealth, formerly Metroplex Health System, provides free Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) screenings for peripheral artery disease, a heart condition that affects more than eight-million Americans. No matter what symptoms you're experiencing, from chest pain to difficulty sleeping to shortness of breath, we'll provide you fast and accurate information, and develop a customized cardiovascular treatment plan that puts you on the path to healing.
The cardiovascular screenings and tests we perform include:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurism Screenings – one-time ultrasound recommended for men ages 65 to 75 who have ever smoked
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) Screenings
- Arterial Physiologic Testing
- Cardiac Catheterizations
- CT Angiographies (CTAs)
- CT Scans
- Doppler Ultrasounds
- Echo Vascular Testing – painless test that uses sound waves to create pictures of heart and veins
- MR Angiographies (MRAs)
- Stress Testing
- Tilt Table Testing – placing a patient prone to dizziness or lightheadedness on a table that tilts
When you know the facts, you can move forward with confidence. We offer free screenings to keep you informed and healthy. Call Call254-519-8578 to schedule a free screening.
- Advanced Treatments for Cardiac Disorders
Your heart has specific needs. We're here to meet them. Among the services we offer are Urgent Care, Emergency Care, minimally invasive procedures, traditional heart surgeries, and more. Our expert cardiologists, radiologists, nurses, and clinicians provide robust treatments for cardiac disorders and compassionate care that reduces risk, pain, and recovery time. In the case of an emergency event, like a heart attack, we work quickly and efficiently to save lives and make sure heart tissue can be repaired. Our accreditation as a resuscitation center means you can depend on us for specialized heart care before, during, and after an emergency like cardiac arrest. Our cardiovascular treatment plan includes early recognition, CPR and defibrillation, intervention, and post-arrest treatment.
In our vascular lab, services and treatments include:
- Angioplasty – Surgical unblocking of a blood vessel to resume blood flow.
- Embolization – Minimally invasive technique used to treat abnormal blood vessels.
- Endovascular Repair – Leading surgery to repair and treat certain aneurysms.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) – A non-surgical procedure to open narrow blood vessels.
- Placement of Chest Ports – To carry nutrients and medicine throughout your body.
- Stenting – The placement of a catheter in a blocked artery to increase blood flow.
After testing and treatment, your cardiac care continues with recovery services that put you on the path to healing. In our cardiac rehabilitation center, you'll receive an individualized cardiovascular treatment plan that's tailored to meet your needs and administered by experienced, registered therapists. We're with you throughout your heart-health journey.
- Caring for Our Community
You love where you live. We can relate. It's why we think of ourselves not just as a hospital, but as a trusted member of our community. We support whole-person wellness for all of our neighbors by providing free preventive health services, including Zumba and Tai Chi fitness classes, plus support groups, financial assistance, special programs, and spiritual resources. It’s all part of our goal to calm your mind and lift your spirit. Because strengthening the cardiovascular health of our community is the very heart of what we do.
- Our Vascular Lab
Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Studies
As part of our commitment to provide the highest quality vascular care, we offer a full-service, minimally- invasive vascular imaging lab.
The Vascular Laboratory's purpose is to serve health care providers and their patients by utilizing advanced, noninvasive imaging and ensuring high quality results. The ultrasound examinations are performed by clinically skilled Registered Vascular Technologists with specialized training. The imaging studies are interpreted by highly trained, board certified diagnostic and interventional radiologists.
The vascular system is the network of blood vessels that circulate blood to and from the heart and lungs. Vascular diseases are very common and increase with age. Untreated vascular disease can have serious health consequences, including amputation, heart attack, and stroke.
Vascular Lab Services
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening
- Arterial Physiologic Testing
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI)
- Toe-Brachial Index and Pulse Volume Recordings (TBI and PVR)
- Arterial Duplex/Doppler Ultrasound
- Lower Extremity Duplex – Native or Graft
- Visceral Vascular Duplex (including kidneys and other organs)
- Carotid Duplex, Extracranial
- Abdominal – Aorta/iliac Native or Graft Duplex
- Abdominal – Mesenteric Arterial Duplex
- Abdominal – Renal Parenchyma and Arterial Duplex
- Venous Doppler Ultrasound
- Upper or Lower Extremity Venous Duplex
- IVC and Iliac Duplex
- Superficial Venous Doppler for Reflux/Varicose Veins
- Upper and Lower Extremity Venous Mapping
- Dialysis Graft and Fistula Duplex/Doppler Ultrasound
- Angiography (CTA)
- MR Angiography (MRA)
- Early Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Indigestion or nausea
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness
For Your Whole Life
Breaking down barriers to better heart health. That’s what multidisciplinary care means to us. Our Care Coordinators can connect you to the local nutrition, exercise, and surgical experts who can help you feel better and feel whole as you continue your journey to wellness. From helping with medication management to supporting your rehabilitation progress, our approach to care is simple: We’re here to help you get from where you are now to where you want to be.