— AdventHealth is working aggressively to prepare for any potential surge as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our number one priority is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our patients, team members and our community at large.
Our leaders meet several times daily to review real-time updates on critical information that ensures we are well-prepared and can continue to deliver the high-quality care we are known for.
This critical information includes:
· ICU beds available
· Negative pressure rooms available
· Ventilators available
· Personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Lab supplies, staffing, resources and more
“Health care systems across the nation are seeing firsthand the true impact of COVID-19 and its effects on the communities we serve,” said Mike Schultz, President and CEO, AdventHealth West Florida Division. “As a result, we know how critical it is to anticipate the medical needs of these patients and be prepared to respond. Right now, we are focused on planning for supplies, capacity and staffing that allows us to keep our patients and team members safe while treating COVID-19 patients.”
AdventHealth West Florida Division has a robust network of care in Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Hardee, and Highlands counties. Currently, we are not experiencing a surge in COVID-19 patients. We have made proactive decisions that allow us to have more capacity in our hospitals, such as suspending elective procedures and educating our communities on when they need to visit the emergency room, which enables us to care for the sickest and most critical patients. As a result, AdventHealth West Florida Division hospitals are operating on average at approximately 60% capacity right now. Comparatively, this is slightly below our census at this same time last year, and significantly lower than the same time period during the 2018 flu season where capacity reached historically high numbers.
AdventHealth is also committed to keeping our communities safe and providing them with trusted COVID-19 resources and support at:
· 1-877-VIRUS-HQ: A free 24/7 coronavirus hotline where consumers can ask questions, get screened for COVID-19, speak to a nurse, or get connected to a video medical visit from the comfort of their home.
· CoronavirusResourceHub.com: An online resource hub that enables consumers to read the latest on COVID-19, take an online screening assessment, request a video medical visit, sign up for coronavirus alerts and download the AdventHealth App to manage their care.
- Contact: WFD Corporate Communications
- Tel: Call WFD Corporate Communications at813-803-4016
- Email: Email WFD Corporate Communications at[email protected]