Multicultural Perspectives on Caregiving
with Yanira Cruz, president and CEO of the National Hispanic Council
The combination of stress and the physical demands of caregiving over an extended period of time puts caregivers at risk for significant health problems regardless of age, sex, race or ethnicity. Yanira Cruz, a respected authority on caregiving among diverse populations, will provide insight on the unique needs of caregivers and give practical tips on how families and the broader community can support those caring for a loved one.
Watch the lecture on the left, or by clicking here.
Date: October 17, 2018
Registration and Hors d’oeuvres: 5:30 pm
Presentation: 6:30 to 7:30 pm
Orlando Museum of Art
2416 N. Mills Ave. Orlando, FL 32803
Our Previous Events
- Crafting Mercy and Healing in a Hard-Hearted Time
- The Opioid Epidemic: Understanding its Roots and Strategies for Moving Forward
- Want Kids to Learn Well? Feed Them Well!
- Women’s hormones and mental health – from childhood to adulthood.
- Why are the costs of prescription drugs so high
- Organs on Demand – Can we put an end to organ shortages?
- The Power of Play
- Being Mortal
- To the People (Homelessness)
- Prevention of Injuries in Youth Sports
- The Declaration of Istanbul and Combating Organ Trafficking
- Processed Food: An Experiment That Failed
- Back Up! Medicine Forgot Something: Sex and Gender in Health)
- Enhancing Brain Performance at Any Age