Patients who have received treatment or are considering making an appointment for evaluation and care at the Spine Health Institute in Altamonte Springs, Fla., might want to check out a great new resource that’s just been added to our website. Our annual report, “Regaining Momentum BACK,” is so much more than an accounting of the recent accomplishments of the institute and its Medical Director, Dr. Chetan Patel. Not only does the report outline Dr. Patel’s philosophy of patient care that’s focused on evidence-based research, a minimally invasive approach and whole-person healing, but it’s also chock-full of interesting stats, facts and patient testimonials that may surprise you.
For example, did you know:
- The Spine Health Institute welcomed nearly 3,300 new patients in 2014. Approximately 80 percent of these patients were referred by their physician, hospital or other health care provider.
- Most of our patients receive effective treatment through physical therapy or minimally invasive injections rather than surgery.
- The medical team at the Spine Health Institute completed more than 10,000 total patient evaluations in 2014-2015.
- Patients who underwent a laminectomy procedure at the Spine Health Institute reported substantial relief of their leg pain within six weeks of their operation.
- In 2014-2015, patients traveled to the Spine Health Institute from more than 100 cities across the state of Florida and 30 states nationwide, as well as Washington, D.C.; the U.S. Virgin Islands; Puerto Rico; Mexico; Trinidad and Tobago; and the Turks and Caicos.
- Dr. Patel is helping lead the way for the introduction of advanced technologies that can reduce the risks and raise the bar on patient outcomes in spine surgery. He has chaired the North American Spine Society’s Robotics and Navigation Section since 2012, and in 2015, he initiated a groundbreaking clinical trial of a new robotic-assisted platform for spine surgery in Switzerland. Read more about this seminal achievement here.
Our annual report also provides a comprehensive run-down of the educational resources we offer, many of which are unique to the Spine Health Institute. These include our popular Golf Fore Life program that teaches golfers the proper body mechanics for avoiding back injuries while improving their game; our newly minted SpineU video library; our patient-centered nutrition and wellness initiatives; and so much more. You’ll never know what you’re missing until you check it out, so download and peruse our annual report from the Spine Health Institute newsroom by clicking here.