Taking calculated risks can be exciting — taking a new route home or trying an untested recipe. But not when it comes to your heart. That's why you can trust in the cardiac care team at AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler. Our expert cardiologists have the skills and experience to treat both common and uncommon heart conditions. We manage numerous acute and chronic heart conditions, from atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia to heart disease and heart failure, with advanced technologies and a whole-person approach to your care. With heart care from AdventHealth in Palm Coast, Florida, the only risk you take is the risk of living a better, healthier life.
Brightening Your Future
- Risk Factors for Heart Conditions
You can empower all of your tomorrows, today. And we can help. Though some risk factors for heart disease are outside your control, many — like the proper diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and finding ways to reduce anxiety in your life — are not. Managing these can be as simple as trying new recipes, moving more, and engaging in meditative practices like delegating part of your to-do list to others or spending some time in nature.
At AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, our cardiac care team will work with you to discover all the ways you can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Our goal is your goal: to reduce your risk of heart issues while energizing your body, engaging your mind, and elevating your spirit.
- Start Your Journey With a Diagnosis
When something isn't right with your health, you feel it. Whether that's chest pain or sleep trouble, you need a quick diagnosis. That's where we come in. Our qualified cardiologists will conduct an initial screening to diagnose your condition and provide the answers you deserve.
Your initial screening may include the following tests:
- 24-Hour Holter Monitoring — Use of a battery-operated portable device that measures and records heart activity continuously for 24 hours
- Cardiac MRIs/MRAs
- CT Scans
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterizations
- Echo Tests — Use of high-frequency sound waves to create a photo of the heart
- Nuclear Cardiology — Insertion of trace material that illuminates your vein so we can take a photo of your heart
- Stress Tests
Our cardiac care team can diagnose and treat a range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Atrial Fibrillation and Arrhythmias
- Chest Pain
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Vascular Disease
Together, we'll work with you to develop a custom cardiac care plan that addresses both your heart and your overall health needs. We call this whole-person care and it includes facilitating wellness for your body, mind, and spirit.
- New Heart Disease Treatments. Better Outcomes.
You want more than treatment, you want healing. And you want it quickly and with as little pain as possible. From rapid response urgent care to advanced therapies that reduce recovery times, the comprehensive cardiovascular program at our Flagler County hospital is designed with your needs in mind.
Below are just a few of the heart disease treatments and services offered by our expert cardiac care team:
- Ablation — Procedure to rid heart of tissue that allows incorrect electrical signals to create abnormal heartbeat
- Arterial Bypass — Surgical procedure that restores normal blood flow to an obstructed coronary artery
- Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation — Procedure that re-establishes heart's normal sinus rhythm
- Carotid Artery Surgery
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Heart Failure Treatments
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Loop Recorder Implantation
- Medical Management for High Blood Pressure and Myocardial Infarction
- PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) — Non-surgical procedure that corrects narrowing of coronary arteries through insertion of catheter in the femoral or radial artery
After your procedure, our rehabilitation program offers customized exercise therapies designed for your specific heart problem and led by a registered nurse and exercise physiologist. We also address your spiritual and emotional needs by providing whole-person support centered on compassion and encouragement. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, we're here for you.
- Serving Our Community's Health Care Needs
In our world, you're a friend. You're a neighbor. You're a member of our Palm Coast community. That's why our greatest reward isn't the accolades and honors we've received over the years. It's seeing you and the friends and neighbors we serve live active and healthy lives. It’s why we provide free health services to the community, including nutritional counseling, wellness centers, physician-led seminars on heart health, and classes that help you quit smoking and reduce stress. Because we're proud of our community, and we're even prouder to be a pillar of its strength.
- Fast, Effective Care for Stroke
You may simply be here for a routine checkup, or you may be here for a much more urgent reason, such as stroke. When it comes to stroke, every second counts, which is why you need a dependable care team capable of springing into action as soon as possible. And you’ll find this team at AdventHealth Palm Coast. We have the Fastest Door to Needle Time in the Region for Stroke Care, and we’ve received the Highest Certification from the American Heart and American Stroke Associations for Fast and Effective Treatment of Stroke Patients. That means our care isn’t just timely — it’s at the highest standards. In our hands, you won’t have to take risks.
For Your Whole Life
Breaking down barriers to better heart health. That’s what multidisciplinary care means to us. Our Care Coordinators can connect you to the local nutrition, exercise, and surgical experts who can help you feel better and feel whole as you continue your journey to wellness. From helping with medication management to supporting your rehabilitation progress, our approach to care is simple: We’re here to help you get from where you are now to where you want to be.