I was asked to speak to Flagler County's Young Professional Group this week. After sharing a little about my own career path, I also wanted to encourage these young professionals with a few things that I have learned along the way. Enjoy!
- Don't be afraid of hard work or to take on things that you have never done before.
- Try new things! You won't regret saying yes.
- Remember that you can keep learning don't be afraid to apply for a role where you may not know how to do everything.
Don't be your own biggest limitation.
- Challenge yourself to push past your comfort zone.
No job is too small.
- Don't ask others to do anything that you would not do yourself.
- Strive to stay away from the That's not my job mentality.
Things will not always go as planned.
- Remember to read, react and adjust when they don't.
Seek mentorship and counsel from others both within your profession and outside of it.
- Do your mentors KNOW that they are your mentors?
- Talk with them about it and work with them to set achievable goals.
Never miss an opportunity to help someone else. Take the time to stop and help others.