Helping You Feel Whole
At AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Orlando, we provide safe, high-quality medical imaging services with a proven record of superior accuracy. Our team of board-certified, subspecialized radiologists is experienced in identifying a high volume of common and obscure conditions. All of our technologists participate in rigorous, continued-education programs and have earned certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Additionally, our medical imaging center is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), ensuring that we adhere to the highest levels of quality and radiation safety.
Start Healing As Soon As Possible
- A Wide Range of Services in Our Medical Imaging Center
Experiencing an injury or health issue can be frightening. At AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Orlando, we’re here to ease your concerns and help you heal. In our hospital, you’ll find a team of highly specialized radiologists, physicians, and nurses who are ready to read a test or provide a diagnosis with precision and compassion. From diagnosing the cause of a headache to learning more about a broken bone, we’re here to assist in any and every way we can. Some of our advanced, scientifically proven medical imaging procedures include:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans use advanced X-rays to help us detect issues like osteoporosis and fracture risk.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans obtain digital images of the organs, bones, and brain.
- Fluoroscopies are basically X-ray movies, showing a continuous, moving image of the inside of your body.
- Interventional radiology (IR) allows us to diagnose blood issues by providing images of the arteries and veins.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRIs) take detailed pictures of your organs, bones, and tissues, and can diagnose things like tumors and internal bleeding.
- Mammograms can help us detect breast cancer early and are often performed as proactive screenings.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to scan for infections in your body, and can help us diagnose thyroid issues.
- Positron Emission Technology (PET) scans examine bodily functions like blood flow and oxygen use.
- X-rays give us a detailed look at the inside of your body, and are often used to diagnose broken bones and fractures.
Offering a number of diagnostics, we’re here to empower you with the knowledge you need to take the next step.
- Helping You Prepare for Your Medical Imaging Procedure
It’s much easier to be calm during a medical imaging procedure when you know what to expect ahead of time. We want you to feel confident and reassured before, during, and after your screening. That’s why, before your test, we’ll discuss your medical history, allergies, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
While each imaging test is different, most last between 30 minutes to an hour. For certain exams, we may ask you to change into scrubs or gowns and remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. Some tests require you to fast for several hours before. For certain exams, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we may inject it intravenously. This helps us get a better look inside your body, but you can rest easy knowing all our tests are either minimally invasive or completely non-invasive. That means you won’t feel any pain, and for most tests you won’t need a recovery period.
Whatever your test, you can depend on our team to guide you through, explaining each step and helping to make you as comfortable as possible. After your exam, we’ll carefully assess each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, talk to your doctor.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. Our radiology team works to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after a medical imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Orlando, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.