For Wheat Berry Salad:
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 3 cups water
- 6 tablespoons pineapple salsa
- 3 cups arugula
- 18 ounces fresh salmon fillet cut into six 3-ounce servings
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno (seeds removed), diced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Place wheat berries in bowl filled with cold water and let soak overnight.
- Rinse wheat berries thoroughly and drain. Place in a saucepan with 3 Cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover saucepan and simmer for about 1 hour, until grains are tender and chewy. Drain and cool completely.
- Combine pineapple salsa with wheat berries and arugula.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small skillet, whisk together maple syrup, mustard, pineapple and jalapenos. Simmer over low heat until pineapple is tender. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, brush maple syrup glaze on salmon (reserving some for garnish) and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve fish over wheat berry salad and drizzle remaining glaze on top. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition facts per serving (Serves 6):
280 calories, 5.7g fat, 1.1g saturated fat, 38.3mg cholesterol, 432.7mg
sodium, 33.6g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 9.2g sugar, 22.1g protein