Faster Results, Better Care
Pictures play an important role in your life. They can help document events, capture memories, and remind you of the people you love. Pictures also help us identify the things that are causing you pain or discomfort. Combining a team of advanced, board-certified radiologists with highly specialized medical imaging equipment, we help you receive faster, more effective care by detecting your health issues clearly and accurately.
At AdventHealth North Pinellas, formerly Florida Hospital North Pinellas, we offer a range of Imaging Services, including specialized mammograms, MRIs, CT-scans and innovative nuclear medicine. In our capable hands, you can find the knowledge and expertise you need to move forward with healing.
Start Healing As Soon As Possible
- A Wide Range of Services in Our Medical Imaging Center
Experiencing an injury or health issue can be frightening. At AdventHealth North Pinellas, formerly Florida Hospital North Pinellas, in west Florida, we’re here to ease your concerns and help you heal. In our hospital, you’ll find a team of highly specialized radiologists, physicians, and nurses who are ready to read a test or provide a diagnosis with precision and compassion. From diagnosing the cause of a headache to learning more about a broken bone, we’re here to assist in any and every way we can. Some of our advanced, scientifically proven medical imaging procedures include:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans use advanced X-rays to help us detect issues like osteoporosis and fracture risk.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans obtain digital images of the organs, bones, and brain.
- Fluoroscopies are basically X-ray movies, showing a continuous, moving image of the inside of your body.
- Interventional radiology (IR) allows us to diagnose blood issues by providing images of the arteries and veins.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) take detailed pictures of your organs, bones, and tissues, and can diagnose things like tumors and internal bleeding.
- Mammograms can help us detect breast cancer early and are often performed as proactive screenings.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to scan for infections in your body, and can help us diagnose thyroid issues.
- Positron emission technology (PET) scans examine bodily functions like blood flow and oxygen use.
- X-rays give us a detailed look at the inside of your body, and are often used to diagnose broken bones and fractures.
Offering a number of diagnostics, we’re here to empower you with the knowledge you need to take the next step.
- Helping You Prepare for Your Imaging Procedure
It’s much easier to be calm during a medical imaging procedure when you know what to expect ahead of time. We want you to feel confident and reassured before, during, and after your screening. That’s why, before your test, we’ll discuss your medical history, allergies, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
While each imaging test is different, most last between 30 minutes to an hour. For certain exams, we may ask you to change into scrubs or gowns and remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. Some tests require you to fast for several hours before. For certain exams, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we may inject it intravenously. This helps us get a better look inside your body, but you can rest easy knowing all our tests are either minimally invasive or completely non-invasive. That means you won’t feel any pain, and for most tests you won’t need a recovery period.
Whatever your test, you can depend on our team to guide you through, explaining each step and helping to make you as comfortable as possible. After your exam, we’ll carefully assess each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, talk to your doctor.
- Making Your Care More Convenient
As important as your health is, we know coming into our Pinellas County Imaging Center for a screening isn’t always convenient. That’s why we offer same-day appointments — and try to give you same-day results whenever possible — so you can maximize the effect of your visit and cut down on trips back and forth. We also offer reserved parking for those using the imaging services listed above. This parking is located in the hospital main-entrance lot and on the south side of the hospital next to the MRI/CT/NM building. From start to finish, we’re striving to make your care faster, more convenient, and more about you.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth North Pinellas, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.