Helping You Find the Answers in Our Medical Imaging Center
Pictures help you make sense of the world — they tell stories, serve as reminders, and provide valuable information. In our Imaging Care department, pictures help us diagnose diseases, evaluate injuries, and provide you with the answers you need to receive safe, effective care. At AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, in Orange City, our radiologists and medical imaging specialists can help with everything from detecting cancer to identifying the gender of your baby. With advanced CT scans, X-rays, MRIs, DEXA scans and other specialized equipment, we’re here to ease your mind with knowledge and guidance, as we help your body receive the best care available.
Advanced Medical Imaging Care
- A Full Spectrum of Imaging and Radiology Services
It’s natural to feel concerned when you’re dealing with a health issue you can’t explain. And it’s human to want to know more — whether that means more details about a pregnancy, a more exact diagnosis for a condition, or an expert opinion on a tumor. To help you find answers, AdventHealth Fish Memorial, formerly Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, offers a range of imaging and radiology services, including:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans — Short, non-invasive procedures that help us diagnose osteoporosis and fracture risk
- Computed tomography (CT) scans — Detect fractures, internal bleeding, tumors, and various diseases; we offer a 64-slice CT scan for greater precision and accuracy
- Digital mammograms — Screen for breast cancer using 50 percent less radiation exposure than traditional mammograms, which makes them safer
- Fluoroscopy — An X-ray in real time, creating a continuous moving image of the inside of the body
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) — Produces detailed images of bones and tissues; we also offer magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), which helps us evaluate your blood vessels and lymph nodes
- Nuclear medicine — Uses small radioactive doses to examine the inside of your body
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans — Used with a CT scan to evaluate tumors by viewing cell activity and location
- Ultrasounds — Images of internal organs and tissues are obtained using sound waves rather than radiation, and can be used to diagnose diseases
- X-rays — Help us identify broken bones, fractures, and other injuries
From screenings to advanced diagnoses, we’re here to provide the services you need for a life of better whole-person health.
- Guiding Your Care With Compassion and Expertise
When you know you’re in good hands and you know what to expect, it’s much easier to stay calm during your X-ray, PET scan, MRI or other medical imaging procedure. That's why we’ll be here at every turn to guide you through the process. We want to make sure you feel comfortable and safe. Before your screening or diagnostic exam, we’ll talk about your medical history and any allergies you may have, and we’ll ask if you experience claustrophobia.
While every test is different, you can expect your exam to last from 30 minutes to an hour. Beforehand, we may ask you to remove any metal jewelry and electronic devices, and to change into scrubs or a gown. For some tests, we may also ask you to drink a liquid called a radiotracer or a contrast, or we may inject it intravenously — this will help give us a clearer look inside your body. You can trust that all our techniques are perfectly safe, and all are either non-invasive or minimally invasive. For most exams, you won’t need a recovery period, so you can get back to your life faster.
After your imaging test, your team will carefully assess their findings and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. Then, we’ll do our best to answer any questions you may have, and we’ll help guide you in taking the next steps. To learn more about what to expect for an individual test or access patient forms, visit us here. Call us at 1-386-917-7500 to schedule a same-day appointment five days a week.
- NEW - After Hours Imaging Appointments
We know your days are filled with activities and priorities that sometimes can't move. We are proud to now offer evening and weekend hours for your convenience for MRI, CT, Ultrasound & X-Ray exams through outpatient radiology department.
Please call: 833-881-9081 to schedule an after hours appointment.
Imaging Services Near You
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Fish Memorial, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.