For a Clear Picture of Your Health
A picture is worth a thousand words. When that picture helps to uncover a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan for your continued wellness, every word is important. AdventHealth DeLand, formerly Florida Hospital DeLand, is proud to offer a full spectrum of medical and diagnostic imaging services at our Victoria Medical Park location. We offer leading computed tomography (CT) scans, PET scans, mammograms, and advanced nuclear medicine, combining the latest technology with the skilled, compassionate care of expert radiologists. We’re dedicated to shining a light on your health, then designing a comprehensive plan to help guide you toward a life of physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness.
Providing Accurate Diagnosis, Fast
- Progressive Imaging and Radiology Services
When it comes to uncovering the cause of your condition, there’s no room for error. Precision is key. Within our Volusia County network, we offer some of the most advanced medical imaging services available. Our state-of-the-art equipment lets us take high-quality pictures of what’s happening inside your body so we can catch conditions early, when they’re easiest to treat. Our network offers the following imaging and radiology services:
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) — Scans that use dual-energy X-rays to measure the density and mineral content of your bones, helping us diagnose osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Computed tomography (CT) — Scans that combine X-rays and computer technology to capture images of your organs, bones, and blood vessels, which can help us diagnose tumors and search for internal injuries
- Diagnostic X-rays — Create precise, two-dimensional images of the inside of your body
- Fluoroscopy — Helps us see the movement of your body in real time
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) — Scans that take extremely precise pictures of nearly every part of your body, utilizing magnets instead of radiation
- Mammography — Scans that help us provide better care for breast cancer by making it easier to detect and diagnose changes in breast tissue
- Nuclear medicine — Examines the function and structure of your organs by using small amounts of radioactive materials called tracers
- PET-CT — Scans that provide detailed images for the diagnosis, treatment planning, and aftercare of cancer
- Ultrasound imaging — Lets us evaluate soft tissues like organs, muscles, and blood vessels; they can also help us detect the gender of an unborn child
When you know more about your health risks or your condition, you can take better charge of your health. We’ll help you find the answers you need for a life of greater wellness.
- Helping You Understand What to Expect in Our Imaging Center
When it comes to your wellness, you want clear, concise information. At AdventHealth DeLand, formerly Florida Hospital DeLand, that’s exactly what you receive. We also need clear information so we can perform your test smoothly and safely. That’s why, before your exam, we’ll take a few minutes to talk with you about your medical history, any allergies you have, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
You deserve to feel safe and comfortable, which is why all our imaging tests are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, and why we’ll be on hand to guide you through the whole process. To help things run more smoothly, we may ask you to change into scrubs or a gown, and remove any metal jewelry and electronic devices. For certain tests, we may have you drink a liquid called a radiotracer or contrast to help give us a clearer, more detailed look inside your body. While each test is different, most last from 30 minutes to an hour.
Afterward, our imaging team will carefully review each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. Then we’ll help answer your questions and advise you on next steps, providing the information you need to move forward with your care.
To learn more about what to expect for an individual test or access patient forms, visit us here.
- Leading-Edge Imaging Technology
You deserve the most-advanced care available. Here, that’s exactly what we provide. We’re dedicated to using the most-advanced technology available to deliver the highest standard of care. Within our network in Volusia County, you’ll find a range of progressive imaging and radiological technology, including:
- GE Healthcare LightSpeed® VCT XT CT Scans — These require smaller doses of radiation, meaning increased comfort for you. They also greatly increase the precision of your diagnosis, resulting in more pin-pointed care.
- GE Healthcare Discovery™ MR750 MRI System — This maximizes your comfort by reducing exam times and eliminating the need for numerous rescans if you move during a scan. It also provides superior visualization of what's happening inside your body, allowing your team to get to the bottom of your condition or concern.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth DeLand, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.