To Get World-Class Cancer Care
At AdventHealth DeLand, formerly Florida Hospital DeLand, you’ll have an army of world-class cancer experts ready to support you when you need it most. Whether it’s cancer detection or prevention, research or rehabilitation, we can provide the advanced technologies, specialized cancer treatments, and community support programs you deserve. No matter what, trust in a network that cares for you with a whole-person approach, working tirelessly to strengthen you physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Get Ready to Smile Again
- A Care Navigator to Guide You
Cancer treatments can feel overwhelming. We want to make sure you never feel alone. The moment you begin your journey, a compassionate Care Navigator certified as an oncology social worker will be there with you, helping take care of every detail and comforting you with supportive counseling. Your oncology social worker can help you coordinate a range of services, including:
- Financial Assistance
- Home Care and Hospice Care
From scheduling appointments and finding referrals to clarifying paperwork and answering your every question, we’ll help you navigate each step or obstacle.
- Connected Care. Better Technology and Treatments.
When it comes to your care, you expect the best. That’s why our cancer team prides itself not just on our DeLand hospital, but on our connections to the leading cancer care experts in Volusia County. We don’t stop with current options. You'll have access to more national clinical trials than any other oncology practice in Florida.
Some of our leading cancer diagnostic and treatment technologies include:
- 3D Simulation Treatment Planning — Uses advanced technology to visualize the tumor and create the best plan for treatment
- 4D CT Simulation — Helps us see your tumor and healthy tissues through a moving video, allowing us to create a better treatment plan
- Brachytherapy — A treatment that involves placing tiny bits of radiation directly near the source of cancer
- Eclipse Treatment Planning System — Helps us plan your radiation doses by taking scans of your tumor in three dimensions
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) — The most advanced form of radiation available, allowing for the most precise tumor visualization possible
- Immunotherapies — Target cancer at the molecular level
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) — Combined with Rapid Arc, this delivers high doses of targeted radiation to help keep non-cancerous tissue healthy
- PET CT — Simulations that take a closer look at cancer cells that may be hidden, allowing for more accurate tumor targeting
- Rapid Arc — Cutting edge technology that combines shorter treatment time for the highest level of patient comfort, with IMRT technology for fewer side effects than standard radiation therapy.
- Stereotactic Radiation — A leading-edge and targeted high-dose radiation treatment that helps reduce treatment time
We also have a 48-hour appointment guarantee, and work to get all lab tests back to you within 24 hours, because time is important. Our Aria software system also records your medical history, nursing assessments, imaging reports, prescriptions, and cancer treatments, so every person on your team can work collaboratively and efficiently together.
- Proactive Screenings for Better Lung Care
Part of living a whole life means looking to the future. We want to help you do that. With our life-saving low-dose CT (LDCT) lung cancer screenings, we can help catch lung cancer earlier and put you on a better path for care. If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible for this screening, available at four locations. The criteria includes:
- Age 55 to 80
- Current Smoker, or Smoker Who Quit in Past 15 Years
- Family History of Lung Cancer
- No Signs or Symptoms of Lung Cancer
- Smoking History of 30 Years of One Pack Per Day
To find out if you're eligible for proactive lung cancer screening, call Call1-866-328-6417.
- Specialized Cancer Rehabilitation Services
We want to help you reach for strength and comfort. Our cancer rehabilitation services can help you improve your mobility, feel more energetic, and find your confidence. These comprehensive and specialized cancer services include:
- Exercise Programs
- Manual Therapy
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Relaxation and Deep-Breathing Training
- Speech and Swallowing Therapy
- Support for Performing Daily Activities
Our lymphedema program, run by licensed therapists with lymphatic drainage certification, can help those who experience swelling in their arms, legs, and other places find relief from pain. Whatever you need, you can find support here.
- Finding Wellness Through Education and Support
We care for you like neighbors, because at AdventHealth DeLand, we are your neighbors. That care is about more than just your physical wellness. It’s about strengthening and empowering your mind and spirit. At our facility, you’ll find a network of support groups ready to help you rekindle your resolve. You’ll discover a comprehensive cancer resource center from the American Cancer Society to help you sharpen your knowledge. And you’ll find kind and nurturing chaplains and social workers for spiritual support whenever you need it. Get ready to find the confidence you deserve. Get ready for whole-person care. Schedule an appointment at the Resource Center by calling Call1-386-943-7160.
- Experienced and Accredited Cancer Care
We work hard to provide the level of care you deserve. As a result, we’ve been nationally recognized for our focus on you. The Commission on Cancer has given us the National Quality Approval seal, rewarding us for our commitment to creating a team of exceptional oncologists and other cancer specialists, using the leading cancer treatment options, and caring for you with unparalleled compassion, all right here in Deland. It’s proof of our dedication to putting you first.
Public Reporting of Outcomes
Taking Care of All the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.