Discover Whole-Person Digestive Health Care
If you have a digestive disorder or issue, you’re ready and eager to find comfort and feel whole again. At AdventHealth, formerly Metroplex Health System, our team of digestive health specialists is here to help you feel better in body, mind, and spirit. Our modern endoscopy center is equipped with the latest technology for the diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders. Your gastroenterology care team — including a dedicated contact person — will help keep you comfortable throughout your time with us. The center also features amenities, including a tracking board that enables your loved ones to follow your progress and a warming gown designed to keep you cozy. Take the first step down the path to whole-person wellness and know we’re by your side.
Expert Care for Digestive Disorders
- Trust in a Compassionate Team of Digestive Health Specialists
Your digestive health supports you through all the joys, challenges, and triumphs of life. It’s a complex system, and it requires an expert standard of care. At AdventHealth, formerly Metroplex Health System, your Digestive Care team includes gastroenterologists, gastrointestinal surgeons, endoscopic technicians, and other skilled and compassionate staff who will work closely with you to help you feel better in body, mind, and spirit.
We know that even a small procedure can be worrying, so we’ll do everything we can to keep you informed about your visit, including calling you the week before you come in to answer any questions and go over every detail. Your digestive health care team will also talk with you before you’re sedated to address any concerns you might have and make sure you’re comfortable.
- Working to Get You Results Faster
You don’t want to wait long for peace of mind. That’s why you’ll find two procedure rooms and 21 pre-and post-op rooms at our modern endoscopy center in Bell County, allowing us to see you more quickly. The space is designed to create a calming environment during your stay and, in most cases, your procedure will take less than 45 minutes. Your family can follow your progress using the tracking board in our waiting area, which lets them know which stage of your procedure you’re in and when they can come keep you company as you rest up in the recovery room.
- Helping You Manage Chronic Digestive Issues With a Whole-Person Approach
Living with a chronic digestive disorder can be challenging. We’re here to help you feel comfortable and confident again. Your team of gastrointestinal specialists will help you manage your symptoms and find relief with expert guidance and care, including suggesting simple lifestyle changes to support your digestive health. We’re here for you throughout your wellness journey, caring for your body, easing your mind, and helping you keep your spirits high.
- Supporting Your Wellness With Advanced Technology and Treatment Options
Know that your care is in safe hands. To support you on your wellness journey, our endoscopy center is equipped with advanced diagnostic technology and treatment options for digestive disorders, including:
- Colonoscopies – To find and diagnose conditions in the large intestine for a proactive approach to your wellness
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatograms (ERCP) – To diagnose and treat conditions in the gallbladder, pancreas, liver, and more for reduced pain and the prevention of future complications
- Endoscopic Ultrasounds (EUS) – Minimally invasive procedures that examine and diagnose conditions in the digestive tract
- Enteroscopies – A minimally invasive technique that uses a camera attached to a slender tube and balloons to get a close look at the esophagus, stomach, and sections of the small intestine
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopies (EGD) — A minimally invasive diagnostic and, in some cases, treatment procedure that examines the esophagus, stomach, and upper intestine
- Sigmoidoscopies – To examine and diagnose conditions in the lower third of your descending colon, called the sigmoid colon
You deserve to be as comfortable, relaxed, and informed as possible during your stay with us, and we're committed to doing all we can to make that happen. In most cases, your procedure won’t take more than 45 minutes, and you should be able to return home with your loved ones in about three hours to recover in familiar surroundings.
- Reducing Your Cancer Risk With Regular Preventive Screenings
When you feel great, it’s easy to take your digestive health for granted. But a proactive approach is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of colon cancer. Your Digestive Care team will let you know how often you should visit for a preventive colonoscopy screening, especially if you’re over 50 or have other risk factors like a family history of colon cancer. We’re here to support you when you’re sick, when you’re well, and when you’re not sure. Trust us to help you keep your wellness on track.
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to Digestive Care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.