Urology is a specialty of medicine that seeks to treat conditions affecting the organs that comprise the urinary tract including the adrenal glands, male reproductive organs, ureters, urethra and urinary bladder.
The urologists and nephrologists (kidney specialists) at AdventHealth Celebration, formerly Florida Hospital Celebration Health, provide comprehensive urological treatments for both men and women. From kidney stones and urologic cancer to incontinence and bladder disorders, we’ve got the experience, expertise and cutting-edge tools to effectively assess, diagnose and treat a wide range of urological conditions.
Urological Treatments and Services We Offer
Chemotherapy treats cancer with powerful anti-cancer drugs.
UPJ obstruction is a blockage to the flow of urine from the renal pelvis (part of the kidney) into the ureter.
Lithotripsy is a procedure that typically uses ultrasound shock waves to break up hardened masses such as kidney stones so they can be passed out of the body.
Nephrectomy is the surgery to remove a kidney or part of a kidney. In a partial nephrectomy, part of one kidney or a tumor is removed, but not an entire kidney.
We utilize the da Vinci® robotic system to perform minimally invasive prostatectomies that are less painful and more efficient than ever before.
Dedicated to Your Peace of Mind
- Comprehensive Care You Can Count On
When you need urological care, you want expertise you can trust. You want providers with proven experience, specialized knowledge – but most importantly, you want compassion and understanding.
Our urological team works together to deliver just that – care you can count on combined with support for you and your loved ones on your unique journey. We offer a wide range of services to ensure you get the treatment you need. Urological care at AdventHealth Celebration includes:
- Kidney cancer cryotherapy
- Partial nephrectomy
- Robotic prostatectomy
- UPJ obstruction
- Advancing Care for You and Your Loved Ones
Whether you need complex care or a minimally invasive procedure, AdventHealth Celebration is here for you. Our team is dedicated to offering the latest advances in care, so you can get back to what you enjoy most. Here, you have access to not only a wide-range of services and procedures, but also some of the most cutting-edge treatments for urological cancer and conditions, including:
- Innovative therapies that offer few side effects.
- Minimally invasive procedures for faster recovery.
- Robotic surgery for improved precision and recovery.
We’re here to walk you through each of your options so that you can choose your treatment path with confidence, and know that we’ll be by your side every step of the way.
- Protect You Health with Cancer Screenings
Cancer screenings are an important step in your whole health. Research has shown that the earlier cancers - including prostate cancer - are diagnosed and treated, the better the outcomes. You can count on the experts at AdventHealth Celebration to offer the latest in preventative screenings.
Prostate cancer screenings may include:
- Digital rectal exam – A physical exam that allows your physician to feel any abnormalities around your prostate.
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) test – A blood test that detects elevated prostate-specific antigens in your blood, which may indicate prostate cancer is present.
If either of these tests suggest any abnormalities, your primary care provider will recommend further testing or refer you to one of our experienced urologist who specializes in prostate cancer detection and treatment.
The American Cancer Society recommends men and their primary care providers discuss when the right time and type of prostate cancer screening. Talk to your doctor about cancer screenings if you are:
- A man over the age of 50 with an average risk of developing prostate cancer.
- A man age 45 or older with an above-average risk of developing prostate cancer (family history, race, or medical history).
- A man age 40 older with a high risk of developing prostate cancer (family history, race, or medical history).
Your urological specialist at AdventHealth Celebration can help you identify your risk factors and understand if you are at an increased risk of developing prostate cancer.
Urological Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal Pain
- Androgen Deficiency and Dysfunction
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Cancer of the Adrenal Glands, Bladder, Ureter, Penis, Prostate, Kidney and Testicles
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hematuria (Blood in the Urine)
- Kidney Stones
- Precocious Puberty
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Voiding Dysfunctions
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.