ISA’s observership program is currently meant for active surgeons. No students of any kind will be considered. Please feel free to contact : FH.HR.RegulatoryServices@AdventHealth.com for any inquiries into AdventHealth’s programs.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Oncology
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
*Robotic surgery is used in some specialties. Contact us for more details.
The Observership Program offers model of health care excellence and teamwork in an environment that, in addition to its clinical focus, includes opportunities to participate in research and education.
In order to obtain the case observation application contact us. In the message box, indicate your preference of specialty and dates available. Our observership program can last up to six months and can be renewed for an additional six months with the consent of the supervising physician. Once you “Submit” this information, we will send you the case observation application for your completion to begin the process.
You will be notified in writing either that your request has been accepted or that we cannot accommodate it at the time. If we are unable to provide your requested observation, you will be offered the next available date. You may ask questions about the program or check the status of your application by sending an email to: AdventHealth.Orlando.ISA@AdventHealth.com.
For observers in all specialties, attached to their applications, we require proof of immunizations.
Please include the following proof of up-to-date immunizations:
- Documentation of a negative PPD results within the last 2 months.
- Completed HRF (Health Review Form).
- Chest x-ray report dated within 1 year for any positive PPD or positive QFT.
- Results of a Quantiferon blood test (QFT).
- Positive QFT would need a supporting negative or normal chest r-ray report.
- Proof of immunity for Rubella and Rubeola and Varicella in the form of documented shots or titer results. For Varicella we can take a verbal hx that they had the disease. (Needs first and second set – Needs to take second dose within a month of the first dose).
- Hep B series or declination.
- Documentation of Tdap vaccine or sign a declination form.
*International observers need a valid B-1, B-2, J-1, H-1b, or O-1 visa.
Other required documents include:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Current state driver’s license, state identification, or passport.
Your application will not be processed until you have submitted all of the required documents. If additional information is needed, you will be notified by email. This process will take approximately 15-30 days from the time received.
As an observer, you may watch procedures, surgeries, patient histories and physicals; and you may attend patient rounds and teaching conferences. You may not participate in patient care. You may only observe.
You will be responsible for your housing and expenses during your time here. AdventHealth does not provide remuneration for this type of educational experience.