At AdventHealth Winter Garden, formerly Florida Hospital Winter Garden, we offer comprehensive medical imaging services for your whole family. Whether you need an X-ray to evaluate a broken bone or an ultrasound to learn your baby's gender, we've got you covered. Our radiologists use some of the most advanced technology — including CT scans, DXA scans and our special wide-bore MRI machine — to deliver more accurate diagnoses while adhering to strict, nationally accredited safety standards.
Start Healing As Soon As Possible
- A Wide Range of Services in Our Medical Imaging Center
Experiencing an injury or health issue can be frightening. At AdventHealth Winter Garden, we’re here to ease your concerns and help you heal. In our hospital, you’ll find a team of highly specialized radiologists, physicians, and nurses who are ready to read a test or provide a diagnosis with precision and compassion. From diagnosing the cause of a headache to learning more about a broken bone, we’re here to assist in any and every way we can. Some of our advanced, scientifically proven medical imaging procedures include:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans use advanced X-rays to help us detect issues like osteoporosis and fracture risk.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans obtain digital images of the organs, bones, and brain.
- Fluoroscopies are basically X-ray movies, showing a continuous, moving image of the inside of your body.
- Interventional radiology (IR) allows us to diagnose blood issues by providing images of the arteries and veins.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) take detailed pictures of your organs, bones, and tissues, and can diagnose things like tumors and internal bleeding.
- Mammograms can help us detect breast cancer early and are often performed as proactive screenings.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to scan for infections in your body, and can help us diagnose thyroid issues.
- Positron emission technology (PET) scans examine bodily functions like blood flow and oxygen use.
- X-rays give us a detailed look at the inside of your body, and are often used to diagnose broken bones and fractures.
Offering a number of diagnostics, we’re here to empower you with the knowledge you need to take the next step.
- Helping You Prepare for Your Imaging Procedure
It’s much easier to be calm during a medical imaging procedure when you know what to expect ahead of time. We want you to feel confident and reassured before, during, and after your screening. That’s why, before your test, we’ll discuss your medical history, allergies, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
While each imaging test is different, most last between 30 minutes to an hour. For certain exams, we may ask you to change into scrubs or gowns and remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. Some tests require you to fast for several hours before. For certain exams, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we may inject it intravenously. This helps us get a better look inside your body, but you can rest easy knowing all our tests are either minimally invasive or completely non-invasive. That means you won’t feel any pain, and for most tests you won’t need a recovery period.
Whatever your test, you can depend on our team to guide you through, explaining each step and helping to make you as comfortable as possible. After your exam, we’ll carefully assess each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, talk to your doctor.
- The Imaging Test You Need, When You Need It
When your loved one is injured, or when you have symptoms of an illness, you want the best care right away. The experts on our Imaging Services team understand your concerns and your goals, and we use every advanced tool available to pinpoint the problem and get you or your loved on the road to healing.
Our board-certified radiologists have specialized training in fields such as neuroradiology, women’s imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, and more. We use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose your condition, and at the same time we rely on down-to-earth, sincere conversation to keep you informed about every step of your care.
Each member of your team of radiologists, physicians, nurses, technicians, and other professionals takes the time to answer your questions and explain your test procedure. Count on us for care that considers the whole person — body, mind, and spirit.
Your care with us may include some of these proven procedures:
- Bone-density scans (Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, or DEXA)
- CT scans (computed tomography)
- Digital X-Ray
- 3T MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Mammography, screening and diagnostic
- Ultrasound imaging
- Comfort and Confidence: We Guide You Every Step of the Way
Imaging tests can be stressful if you don’t know what to expect. Your imaging team will explain each step of your procedure. We want you to feel at ease before, during, and after your test.
We start by asking about your medical history, including any medicines you’re taking and allergies you may have. Since some imaging tests are done in a confined space, we’ll ask if you’ve ever experienced claustrophobia.
Most imaging tests take between 30 minutes and one hour. Depending on your specific test, we may ask you to:
- Fast for several hours before your test
- Change into a gown or scrubs
- Remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices
- Drink a liquid called contrast or a radiotracer. In some cases this substance is injected into a vein.
- Arrange for a ride home so you don’t have to drive
After your test, your expert team will carefully assess each image and deliver the results to you as soon as possible.
- Making Your Care More Convenient
Your health is our top priority, and we want to make your visit with us as convenient as possible. Our friendly, professional staff is dedicated to making your visit go smoothly.
We simplify the process with services such as:
- On-site scheduling
- State-of-the-art women’s imaging services, offered with flexible scheduling to fit your busy life.
- Our wide-bore MRI machine, which provides extra room for people who are uncomfortable in confined spaces.
- World-class imaging services close by, so you don’t have to leave your neighborhood
We take care of the details, so you can focus on your health. It’s another way we care for you with kindness, empathy, and love.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Winter Garden, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.