A walk/run training for women and girls ages 12+
Ready to get in shape, but need a little push? Join AdventHealth and KC Express at Women’s Training Team and find weekly motivation to reach your health and fitness goals. This six-week, outdoor and virtual series combines walking or running with educational sessions on injury prevention, technique and much more. It’s our goal to prepare you for the KC Express Mother’s Day 5K Run/Walk on May 8. No matter what your fitness level, our women-only environment offers the support you need to improve any running/walking technique. Athletic trainers and physical therapists who specialize in sports injury prevention and care will be on hand to answer questions.
Cost for the Training Team is $30, which includes all six sessions, a T-shirt and gifts. Registration closes Friday, March 25 at 12 pm.
Two Ways to Participate
- This year we are offering two Training Team options – in-person and virtual.
- Join a private online Women’s Training Team Facebook group to connect and encourage other Training Team participants, as well as ask KC Express members run/walk, injury prevention and race day questions.
- Our in-person sessions will be held at AdventHealth South Overland Park (7840 W. 165th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223). Take Exit 69 Highway at 159th Street or 167th Street and head west to Lowell.
- Jogging strollers are welcome, as long as the child will safely stay within the stroller for the duration of the class.
How We’re Keeping You Safe
- Masks are required inside the facility for bathroom breaks and during warm-up and cool down exercises when social distancing cannot take place.
- Hand sanitizer on-site each night.
- Disposable water bottles provided each night. Note, water fountains located inside the facility are not currently available.
- Participants are required to practice social distancing. We will implement a new wave start to ensure runners and walkers are spaced out safely.
- AdventHealth and KC Express will provide guidance each week to help you reach your goals, while you run or walk at a time that is convenient for you!
- Weekly email communications will include content shared at in-person sessions.