A Picture of Health
You want to know more. Whether it’s discovering your health risks so you can take preventive steps, learning the gender of your baby, or identifying what is causing your headaches, you want all the details. At AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, we're here to get you the answers you need. Our Imaging Services department offers advanced technology and minimally invasive procedures designed to bring you healing and peace of mind. From X-rays and ultrasounds to MRIs and advanced nuclear medicine, we have all the diagnostic tools we need to help you take the next step forward.
Radiology Services for Better Health
- Advanced Screenings, Tests, and Treatments We Offer
Whether you're here for a routine checkup or a minimally invasive cancer treatment, AdventHealth Palm Coast, formerly Florida Hospital Flagler, provides guidance and support as we work to answer your health questions and address your concerns. With a range of imaging services and a team of diagnostic specialists, you can find the information and care you need close to home, right here in Flagler County. Imaging and radiology services we provide include:
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) — Scans that detect bone thinning and mineral loss, which can help us diagnose osteoporosis and calculate your risk of fractures
- Computed Tomography (CT) — Scans that can detect tumors, internal bleeding, fractures, and certain types of disease
- Diagnostic X-Rays — Images of your body’s inner tissues and structures that help us examine broken bones and fractures
- Fluoroscopy — Another form of X-ray that creates a continuous moving image in real time
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) — A radiation-free diagnostic test that takes detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, and bones
- Mammograms — Images that can detect breast cancer in women with no symptoms, and evaluate signs that may indicate the presence of breast cancer
- Nuclear Medicine — A branch of medicine that safely uses radioactive substances to diagnose conditions like cancer, heart diseases, and neurological disorders
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) — Scans that are often combined with a CT scan to quickly and efficiently examine tumors
- Ultrasounds — Images of the body’s internal tissues and organs that are created by sound waves, which help diagnose diseases and take pictures of a baby inside the mother’s womb
Whatever type of imaging test you need, you can count on us to safely guide you through the process.
- The Medical Imaging Process: What to Expect
We want to make your visit as smooth as possible, and we know it’s easier to be calm when you know what to expect during your MRI, X-ray, CT-scan, PET-scan or other procedure. We need to know what to expect, too, which is why we’ll take some time before your imaging test to talk about your medical history, any allergies you have, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
Most imaging tests take 30 minutes to an hour. Before your screening or diagnostic exam, we may ask you to change into a gown or scrubs, and we may ask you to remove any electronic devices or metal jewelry. To get a clearer look inside your body, we may have you drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer. You can trust that all our imaging tests are either non-invasive or minimally invasive. We’ll guide you along from start to finish, doing our best to make you feel comfortable and safe.
Once your exam is over, your team will carefully evaluate each picture and try to deliver your results as quickly as possible. From there, we’ll help to answer your questions and give advice about next steps. To learn more about what to expect for an individual test or access patient forms, visit us here.
- Women’s Medical Imaging Services
In our Women’s Health Center, you’ll find a range of specialized imaging tools designed to help prevent and treat breast cancer and other women’s health issues. Services we offer include:
- Digital Mammograms
- Breast MRIs
- Breast Ultrasounds
- MRI/Ultrasound-Guided Vacuum-Assisted Core Biopsies
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies
- DEXA Bone Densitometries
With options for pre-registration and same-day scheduling, we’re striving to make your health care more convenient. And by helping you find the answers to your health concerns and questions, we’re empowering you to live life with confidence.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Palm Coast, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.